Rumble Seat (Rollfast tandem)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
deorman said:
The existing OE paint looks great to me.

For sure! I say original all the way. You can't get patina like that back. :wink: It's a true rat as it stands.

the wheels look fine! trust me, when i put the tires back on my tandem wheels (painted rustoleum red) i was holding my breath they wouldn't chip :oops:
they'll look great, remember, most people don't look at the details like "we" do :wink:
i'm really enjoying watching your tandem come to life

I really like this build. Is the hub on the front wheel one of those Bendix "Sulky" hubs?

the stem is COOL 8)
i saw one last year at a bike shop while on a road trip with my wife
and after i saw the price tag i remember telling her how i wish i was still at a shop just for the discount :lol:
it's a great addition to a great build!
i'm taking my tandem to a bike show this weekend. i sure am glad i don't have to compete with the rumble seat :wink:

btw the dirty dog cable guides are super trick too!!

bighit said:
got some side skirts in today. i am in the process of fitting them. once they are mounted good they will get painted black.
3902461154_64ba3506b8_b.jpg

3901682421_875f3b75d7_b.jpg
where did you get the sideskirts at they look amazing ive never seen any like that before

Reynaldo866 said:
...where did you get the sideskirts at they look amazing ive never seen any like that before

im pretty sure they are elgin skirts, ive got a pair just like em

coming along nicely bighit !!!

really dig the fender stripes/chrome too, i think it makes the bike. i keep looking at the bar clamp and all i want to do is hang a cigarette out of the mouth for some reason, but thats not so cool with the kids so scratch that :mrgreen: i agree with markm, bars up for sure :)

make sure to get us a nice side shot too btw

CCR said:
Reynaldo866 said:
...where did you get the sideskirts at they look amazing ive never seen any like that before

im pretty sure they are elgin skirts, ive got a pair just like em

coming along nicely bighit !!!

really dig the fender stripes/chrome too, i think it makes the bike. i keep looking at the bar clamp and all i want to do is hang a cigarette out of the mouth for some reason, but thats not so cool with the kids so scratch that :mrgreen: i agree with markm, bars up for sure :)

make sure to get us a nice side shot too btw
you dont want to sell them by chance do you

Hi,

Can you point me to some finished photos of the Rumble Seat? I want to show my GF. I just got a big dose of approval for entering RRB#6 (I was surpirsed) and we were discussing general aesthetics. (Thank god for artist chicks.) I'd like to show her that bike. I've got some steampunk tandem fantasies for the future...and tandems are all about girlfriends, so...where can I find some finished photos. It's really a great bike, but I cant find shot that I think I've seen before.

Yea, your Supervillian (yours too, right?) was one of my favs last year.

Thanks,
Ben

Latest posts

Back