Rugged Lugged, formerly Lugged Tracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I thought the name Rugged Lugged was funny, because it should rhyme, but doesn't, because English is weird!

So, I started the "Lugged Tracker" during the build off, and left it at a place where it was rideable, but I very much wasn't happy with it. I was at a standstill, and set it aside. Here's how it sat at that point:
IMG_5209.JPG

I have finally decided that the problem is some of the proportions, and that I needed to do some cutting, and re-fitting of different parts. Mainly... a fatter wheelset. So, I stole a Worksman wheelset off of another build that I wasn't happy with, and dedicated them to this build. However, they're too fat for this frame/fork, forcing me to swap out the fork, and cut and modify the rear. Here's where we're at:
IMG_5812.JPG

There's actually a vintage fork that I wanted to use, and after a hour's worth of modifications to use it, I realized that the head tube on this bike was way too long for it, making all that work pointless. Yay! Well, it'll probably be used in the future, so not a total waste of time. just not handy right now.

I decided to reuse an idea that I've done once before, and that is to make part of the frame look like the exhaust system of a motorcycle. So, I've got tacked together the new chain stays. I also put a different saddle (literally) on it, to try out.
IMG_5814.JPG
IMG_5816.JPG
IMG_5817.JPG

It's a lot of weight added to the bike, but I'm staring at it, to see if I like it.

Latest posts

Back