Royal Flyer 20"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just found this at a local flea market. I haven't had time to look for a serial number and I have no idea what make it is. Most definately a repaint. I can't believe how heavy this thing is. 35lbs or so! Going to get it usable it for the kids. The tape on the tire is a blowout. Any info on it is greatly appreciated.

IMG_1583sm.jpg

IMG_1585sm.jpg

IMG_1586sm.jpg

IMG_1587sm.jpg

IMG_1584sm.jpg

The front sprocket looks Harris/Snyder built as it is similar to what is found on Rollfast. Looks post war (50s?) by the foward drop outs but the art deco stem is typically found on bikes earlier than that so Im really only guessing. 20" balloon tire boys bikes are fairly popular at the moment so I would not do anything to drastic to it that would diminish its value. All in all a cool little find!

-Brian

Thanks for the info. I did run into a reference that Royal Flyer was Snyder built.

All I'm planning on doing is a repaint and add a chain guard. It seems to of had on as the fender is relieved for it. The left pedal was replaced with a bolt/nut and I'm hoping that the threads are ok. Can't find a serial number anywhere.

Back