Rough Ranger

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a guy bring me this bike from the U.P., it had a broken crank arm and the rear wheel was falling apart (wooden rim) I really liked the tank-toolbox. The bike is a Ranger made by Mead cycle co Chicago. Maybe a board track style bike could be made out of it..
mead.jpg

Great score Dan. The frame looks soild, I could invision that with one of my motors on it...Kelly

wow you have your work cut out for you on that one. is it just the photo or is the top tube bent a bit? good luck send pics when you have it done.

Do u have pictures of the parts you need? I might have some prewar parts.

You are right, I haven't posted any pictures. There must have been a lot of the Mead cycles around at one time they had adds in the Farm Mechanics and Popular Science magazines for years in the 1920's.
meadranger_edited-1.jpg

I worked on the Ranger for a couple hours and went on to another project. It was on my bike stand for several months and didn't get finished.

WELLLLLL THENNN...... do you still have it, and is it available for relocation to a warm, sunny new home where it might get finished with true rat rod finesse?!!?!?!??!!!??//....

Is the crossbar on these handlebars removable, or is the goosneck a two piece?

The crossbar is crimped at the ends. To take it off, you remove the bolt entirely from the neck, and you can move the crossbar through the opening.

Latest posts

Back