Rookie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I cant build for .... but has that ever stopped me from trying. I think not..... I have always dreamed of a Bobber but taking the licens cost like to much and then u should buy a bike and have insurance well not gone happen. So why not build a ratbobber bike? This image is what I´m aiming for minus the girl (got one much better) but where to start??? What size on the wheels what frame to aim for??? would like some rookie advice plz. and thx for a awesome forum.

kikkerRatRod009.jpg

Cheers Dan aka.Oldboy

Find an old 26" balloon tire bike (26x2.125 tires). And go from there. There are usually several to be had in the For Sale forum. Just a matter of finding the frame style for your taste. Search through the Gallery forum for some ideas and get to building!

du u think a 24 back would be ok....? trying to buy a frame right now. Where is the best place to buy wheels online btw. Thx for the tips m8...

Sticking a 24"x3" on the back (sometimes the front as well) of a 26" wheel bike is a fairly common mod around here, it's not always a straight forward swap. Tire clearance can be an issue with some frames, and you might have to flip or swap out your sprockets to keep the chain off of the tire. If you're planning on using a "standard" 2.125" balloon, one possible concern is pedal-to-ground clearance, often solved by using shorter cranks,.

Cheers Deorman, well I guess I have to get a frame first ..... just eager. Trying to cool of a bit in the summer heat.

well for that look id go with this for the rear and a 26x3 for the front. as for the frame youll need to make one or modify one to fit the rear tire(and if you want the typical motorcycle frame look since no one really makes them...at least not companies...custom builders have and will but itll be pricey)...
but its a point in the right direction at least....

Back