Rooad master fork

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
HI can anyone tell me if a 40's to 50's roadmaster fork can fit on a schwinn cruiser? I have a 47 schwinn im thinking of putting one on that i saw on the bay. Thanks.

You should be able to pull it off but there are a couple of things to work out. I'm pretty sure the Schwinn inner races won't fit the fork's bearing shoulder or threads, but most US made or modern equivalent will, so you do have options. The outer races may be different as well, but if you have the type of inner that is a straight sided cone, it will work with the Schwinn bearings and "cups". :|

The girls' bikes have a longer head tube, but if you're set up for welding no problem. Well, the top struts are longer too.-Adam

Our LBS here will put additional threading on a girls fork tube for $5, then you can cut to length. The top struts are in the same situation - you have to thread more on the bottom of the 3/8" upper strut (straight part) and then cut to length. Make sure to match the correct threading on the strut.

Piggy back two sets of bearing cups and the problem will be solved, no cutting, no welding, no threading!
Yes, you do have to be sure you use two different size cups so one fits into the other nice and snugg!

John c said:
Piggy back two sets of bearing cups and the problem will be solved, no cutting, no welding, no threading!
Yes, you do have to be sure you use two different size cups so one fits into the other nice and snugg!

its a mens fork, i meant to mention that.

Don Jose , you should not have any problem having a custom schwinn with one the best fork's out there ,i have done a schwinn with one all ready at the time there was no modification to be done to that one since it was a schwinn girl's 1952 frame so it when right on not a problem .

frentechinita.jpg

but as my good friend Road Master said the modification are verry simple and easy to accomplish so go right ahead and have fun please post pic's after you are done :wink:

ps : if the fork was on a boy's frame and it's going on a boy's schwinn you should not have any problem's at all it should go right on :wink:

rico said:
Don Jose , you should not have any problem having a custom schwinn with one the best fork's out there ,i have done a schwinn with one all ready at the time there was no modification to be done to that one since it was a schwinn girl's 1952 frame so it when right on not a problem .

frentechinita.jpg

but as my good friend Road Master said the modification are verry simple and easy to accomplish so go right ahead and have fun please post pic's after you are done :wink:

ps : if the fork was on a boy's frame and it's going on a boy's schwinn you should not have any problem's at all it should go right on :wink:

thanks rico, cool bike man. do you know the Puerto rican schwinn club or bronx classics? If not i gotta let these guys know about you.

Hi Don Jose :)

i don't know them but it will be nice to know anyone that like's what we do that should be cool :!:

are any a members of RRB :?:

rico said:
Hi Don Jose :)

i don't know them but it will be nice to know anyone that like's what we do that should be cool :!:

are any a members of RRB :?:
no but when i see them i'll mention you, some of those guys go back and forth to Puerto rico.

Latest posts

Back