Rolling Relics San Francisco Ride! Sept.4th 10am

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The Rolling Relics are holding a ride in San Francisco, Ca. Sept. 4th at 10am. Meet at the Hi Dive bar on the Embarcadero and Bryant st. The ride will leave promptly so if you are late you are out of luck. We will go from the Bay Bridge to the Golden Gate, across the bridge and all the way back. The total miles is about 17 round trip. I did it on a single speed skiptooth coaster so no excuses! Park at Pier 39 garage because there will be a Giants game that day also. Here's a thread for the test ride I did a couple weeks ago: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=44498
It's encouraged to bring tools, and spare tubes just in case.
Thanks and
RIDE VINTAGE!!!

BUMP for all of you that are nearby that say it can't be done on a single speed coaster. I call BS!!! Come out. I did it!!!!!!

P.N.A. said:
Your always welcome to come Mark! Bring that chopper w/ ya and cruise along w/ us! Can't wait to bust out my Colson!
Thank you! 8)

PabloAntonio said:
@Mark: Maybe you're the relic.
Paul, you need to have respect fer yer elders, MISTER!
And why are you always thinking about eating? Ribfest . . . REALLY!!!!!!! Ride across the bridge with us . . . we wont let ya starve! :lol:

The ride was great. Really tough hills but the old bikes made it. We did have a few issues on the ride though.

I think there was 2 or 3 flats.
One sheared pedal at the crank arm (leaving the threaded portion still in the crank)
One uneventful crash.
Dom had a really narly crash. He ended up catching a chain link fence while cooking down a hill. Ended up bending a front axle, destroying a pedal and bending and cracking the crank. Worse though was it looks like he might have broken his arm. Oh, and his shoe flew like 20 feet in the air during his flight.

Here are my pictures from the ride.

http://gallery.me.com/mark.martinez#100 ... &view=grid

web.jpg

web.jpg

Thanks to everyone that showed up on the ride. We had 27 riders from all over. The Pedal Grinders were there as well as the Kruzermob so thanks for coming out guys. This was my first attempt at setting up a ride and I think it went ok for the most part? Everyone had fun. We saw a kool surf band called Hi Watters play on the pier,checked out the penny arcade, had sum beers and had a blast. There were some tough hills I couldn't avoid so i'm sorry gang. Everyone was real troopers though and stuck it out. I'm not certain yet if we will do this ride again though. Too many pedsestrians that didn't have a clue that ringing our bells meant to please don't walk in front of us. Also the road bike guys were flying over the bridge and bumped a few of us including 1 of the girls. SLOW DOWN roadies! :x All in all it was a ton of fun. Everyone who rode is definately hardcore and I personally appreciate it. I was expecting like 8-10 and wound up with 27! SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!

M.Martian said:
Thanks for posting those, Martian! 8)

:wink: Click on the link to see all of Martian's photos! :wink:

A really cool ride, just over 19 miles for those that went all the way across the Golden Gate Bridge . . . after riding up the hills and all, it felt more like 119 miles! :p

That is absolutely the best video ever! Awesome job man!!! Can you burn some copies for us on DVD?? Every aspect of our ride was included here. The Surf band was the end of a perfect day, that and the penny arcade machines. Our faces were classic on that shock machine!!! :lol: :lol: To anyone in our area, you are highly recommended to come ride with us. We are like a big family and have loads of fun on our rides as you can see from the video. Thanks Mark for posting. Btw you know you just volunteered youself as the video guy for every ride right? :D

Ya! Thank you Mark (and a little Damon) for the video. Just a small portion of the fun we had! Like Slick says its family fun time. Join us if you can! Next ride is sunday Oct 2nd in Stockton, CA. We leave @ noon from Port City Cyclery @ 2405 N. El Dorado. Different city every month!! Ride Vintage!

Latest posts

Back