rollfast with hawthorn badge

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My brother picked up a nice rollfast skip tooth at the auction today minus pedals seat and bars quick trip to my place and he was set with new white walls apes new white grips nice pedals and a junk seat (all I had) anyone know the story on this it looks like original paint but the head badge was painted white and looked to have a faded back decal or paint over the white. I scratched it off with my nail and it's clearly a brass hawthorn head badge I know the where in together but never seen one with original paint with another badge that where different here's some before and after I'm so jealous of the mud flap and almost perfect skip tooth dogleg crank set. Give me a second to upload pics

looks like it could be a maybe a repainted hawthorne comet that someone has thrown together with a rollfast tank and maybe a after market guard. I'm sure someone with more knowledge then me can tell you for sure. Either way it is a pretty sweet find.

I was thinking something like that too but I'm almost 100 percent sure it left the factory like this it looks like I was the first one to turn wrenches on it the marks on all the nuts/washers on the braces ect. It hasen't been messed with much. I'm jealous of him but not jealous enough not to donate all my extra parts towards it. It'll be great once I pull the bearing out and clean/repack them but rides great as is

Back