Rollfast? info needed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...picked this up this week; sticker on seatpost tube said "Rollfast"
numbers on rear dropout are 96221447
...can anyone tell me any more info.? Thanks
freecanti-3spdcanti005.jpg

More pictures please.

Doesn't look particularly rollfastian and it has a Huffy chainwheel. Though I'm not so sure the frame would be Huffy. It could be though.

For a short time AMF made Rollfast bikes, but that doesn't look like an AMF to me. A close up picture of the drop outs might help.

Hmmm... forks and chainring look Huffy, as do the frame's lines and headset hardware. Not an AMF, Murray, HP Snyder (maker of Rollfast/Hawthorn) or any other bike I can come up with, but that is a very unusual Huffy ser#. Any Huffy built bike I know of early 60's thru 80's usually always have a letter in the ser#. Maybe makers of Rollfast ran out of their own in house production frames and had to buy bikes from a manufacturer who allready makes bikes badged for Western Flyer, Hiawatha and some J.C> Higgins/Sears, to rebadge as their own. This happened a few times back then, where you may see a bike badged and dressed up as a Monark, but actually being a Huffy made frame (like a Lexus badge on a Fiat)

...I'll try to get pics of the dropout with the numbers...

After Mossberg bought the Snyder factory, DP Harris had to look elsewhere for bikes. I know that they turned to AMF to fill this need for maybe a year or two before simply discontinuing the Rollfast brand. Perhaps in the same years they also sourced some bikes from Huffy, but I've never seen one before, and the AMFs are already uncommon.

...here's a pic of the rear dropout with numbers
freecanti-3spdcanti041.jpg

..looks like it may have been painted silver and then red at one time; could this be a Huffy repainted and stickered as a Rollfast?
freecanti-3spdcanti045.jpg

...here's the crank area
freecanti-3spdcanti042.jpg

...and another overall pic
freecanti-3spdcanti048.jpg

Latest posts

Back