RoadTrack Racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
raggedjim said:
Outstanding, you took a bike I wouldn't even look at and made it into one I want!

Rg
Thank's! :D that's the most flattering comment a builder/customizer could receive "Imo"

That is one awesome bike! I didn't like the rake of the frame at first but it grew on me. Excellent use of premade parts on truss rod clamp at stem how the seat rail clamps grip the rod ends. Beautiful !
Gary

Thanks! :)
i am relatively new here , and i have question : why many people around here say "Gary" in there post and signature ?

i go get my crankset today , so i will be mounting the rims and tires to ... will post pictures its almost finish :D only the handlebars need to be finalize
and maybe a storage tank in the future , but i am not sure about that yet

At least two of us in Illinois and I think we may be of the same age and our mothers may have had the hots for Gary Cooper the movie star :D

OneHorsePower said:
raggedjim said:
Outstanding, you took a bike I wouldn't even look at and made it into one I want!

Rg
Thank's! :D that's the most flattering comment a builder/customizer could receive "Imo"

hes right man, i was thinking the same thing..
turned a road bike into something cool.. that i wouldn't mind riding 8)

XC204 said:
At least two of us in Illinois and I think we may be of the same age and our mothers may have had the hots for Gary Cooper the movie star :D[/quote}
so its your name ? or was that a troll ? i was thinking maybe it was a thought for GarryFisher or something similar ...

Thank's Iven :D

Its alive !!!
DSCN4945.jpg

DSCN4944.jpg

DSCN4943.jpg

Just for comparison :wink:
DSCN4813.jpg

still some tweaking on the bars ,pedals and ratio to do , but there it is!
I am so happy about how it turned out :D

more pictures to come , but feel free to tell me if you think one of those could be a candidate for the photo contest

Wow !!! On the bike. And that is my name I forget it's in my sig. Also ......O.G.S......Old Guy Syndrome

XC204 said:
Wow !!! On the bike. And that is my name I forget it's in my sig. Also ......O.G.S......Old Guy Syndrome
alright thanks for answering me.. got that syndrome to some times and i am not even in the 30s :|

bike2112 said:
Wow, you did a phenominal job with your bike. The whole combination of parts, frame lines and color just work extremely well together. Great Job and have a blast riding that beauty.
That is before the snow start to fall :) Thank's !

Very Cool!! You're idea nails the stance.
Your current higher seat position has a cool rake to it too
The modern crankset and the black rims/tires look fast

More pictues , i ditched the drop bars , they were not sturdy enough and were drop to much , but i may take a second try at it
DSCN4950.jpg

DSCN4953.jpg

DSCN4954.jpg

DSCN4949.jpg

DSCN4948.jpg

DSCN4946.jpg

Great build! Glad to see you're riding it!

kingfish254 said:
Great build! Glad to see you're riding it!
Ain't that the only purpose of a bike? :lol: Thank's!

i was also working on a pair of pedals , did not show them before cause i was not sure it would work or if i would use them ...
they were similar to those at first ..
bicycle-pedal-repair-instructions-800x800.jpg

but one was damaged , so i cut the sides out , drilled new holes ,and bolted springs in there with washers and spacers ..
DSCN4971.jpg

DSCN4973.jpg

DSCN4970.jpg

Back