Roadster bike. I made some changes.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the first bike I built since getting back into bicycles. I built it to match my Roadster. I liked it when I built it, but as time went on, and other bikes where built, I didn't care for it anymore. So I got rid of the apes, and the long stem, I replaced them with a short stock stem, and a set of straight bar handle bars off an old motorized scooter thing I have, and some simple black hand grips. I replaced the original to the bike seat, that I had covered with Gator skin, and upholstered a smaller seat with the same Gator skin, that's what's in the car. I had originally painted most of the chrome, so I stripped the paint off, so the chrome would show. The pedals I originally put on it, looked like feet, I took them off, and put some old rubber ones on it. I'll use the feet for another build. The car it's built to mimic, is pretty simple, if it's not needed, it's not on it. Now I think the bike fits that description better. Now I'm happy with it. Now I'm on to the next build, Dean
The original build, viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11500
A reference picture,
100_0116.jpg

How it is now,
100_10241.jpg

100_10251.jpg

100_10261.jpg

100_10281.jpg

100_10291.jpg

clinto141 said:
very clean, is that a monarck chainring?
No, it's the stock Firestone chain ring. I made covers to go over both sides of it. I didn't like the style of it, and didn't have anything else to put on it. Dean

Back