Roadmaster... Pre War?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTV

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Just stumbled upon this one at a yard sale right around the corner from my house. That NEVER happens in Phoenix! Can anyone guess at a year for me? Skip tooth, reverse drop outs, has an eyelet on the front fork possibly for a headlight? Did it have a tank? Rear hub/rim is non original but it came with the correct one. I bought it and rode it home!

a2a5ubyn.jpg

ne4e8yqy.jpg

Looks like a girls luxury liner or Pleasure Liner, with the non-painted fenders,springer, rack braces and badge.So it would have had a tank, I would think prewar but Im not sure when they started using that style fork. They made these for quite a long time and they all had small differences.

Thank you sir. I looked up Luxury Liner and you are absolutely correct. Now I know what it says on the chain guard behind that green paint! I believe it was blue originally. I will see if I can get back down to the blue!

Very nice. I dig the fin details on the fenders, chain guard, etc. Headlight is also very stylish.

The headlight would be correct for yours as well unless it is very early. There a couple floating around on here FS they are pretty pricey because they really only had a couple applications. The repop bikes from 98 used them so sometimes one of those will pop up as well.

ratina said:
It's post war, 50-54

Thanks! Serial number under the BB is B13583 if that helps narrow it down any.

Found a pic, I believe this is the original colour as well, I see it peeking out from behind the green.

Yesterday while working on the Firestone/Monark, I sprayed a little Easy Off on the painted fenders to get a feel of how well it might shine up. Not bad :)
aqymygam.jpg

All the chrome was painted sliver, and all the blue was painted green, so I've got my work cut out for me on this one.

This year I decided to quit my day job and head back to school full time. Between studying today, I sprayed a little more EZ Off on the original rear wheel and scrubbed it with an SOS pad to get back down to the chrome. I'll have to un lace the wheels to do a proper job, but it's coming out nicely. The spokes are pretty haggard anyway so I guess I'll replace them... I can get new spokes (and nipples) for $1 each at my LBS, with tax that quickly will hit $80... Anywhere cheaper out there? I don't need chrome or stainless for some project, zinc or something like that would be just fine.
butejega.jpg

4ujybygu.jpg

GTV said:
The spokes are pretty haggard anyway so I guess I'll replace them... I can get new spokes (and nipples) for $1 each at my LBS, with tax that quickly will hit $80... Anywhere cheaper out there? I don't need chrome or stainless for some project, zinc or something like that would be just fine.
Memory Lane Classics has them for $18 for 72 spokes. You will probably be able to use 10-5/8" for both wheels.
Here is a link to their website http://www.memorylane-classics.com/

2manybikes said:
GTV said:
The spokes are pretty haggard anyway so I guess I'll replace them... I can get new spokes (and nipples) for $1 each at my LBS, with tax that quickly will hit $80... Anywhere cheaper out there? I don't need chrome or stainless for some project, zinc or something like that would be just fine.
Memory Lane Classics has them for $18 for 72 spokes. You will probably be able to use 10-5/8" for both wheels.
Here is a link to their website http://www.memorylane-classics.com/

PERFECT! Thank you!

Latest posts

Back