RoadMaster - discussion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really! I built a 1958 Harley FLH and was told reproduction parts reduced the value. I did aftermarket fenders, handlebars, pistons, bearings, valves and valve springs. Original fenders were just ridicules so I went aftermarket

Valid points--2 sides to the coin, but I always ask myself when considering new/used or original/repop parts--would I be happy riding and talking about my bike and if so do it.

Valid points--2 sides to the coin, but I always ask myself when considering new/used or original/repop parts--would I be happy riding and talking about my bike and if so do it.
images

If I was building a modern car, I would have zero issues using new body panels as well as suspension and steering get components. Old body panels where I live in Connecticut usually have hidden rust and new panels are lean and rust free. Suspension and steering....well depends what you want for a ride....I would prefer modern.

Vintage Motorcycles, give me original.

My Roadmaster, I'm very happy with the combination of new and old.

Last edited:
As far as talking about my builds, I see your point.....I would much rather talk about my Rat, or either of my daughters original bikes. BUT, no way was I going to turn down these parts...they look great and the price was so right, plus it was still fun to cobble them together.

Back