RIP EVEL KNIEVEL 10-17-38 11-30-07

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto, he was a major influence in my childhood and helped plant the seed for my love of all things two-wheeled. Whenever I hit that ramp as a child in my driveway, I WAS Evel Knievel. I even had a red, white and blue bike. God rest his soul.

Seems like yesterday we were all gathered around the t.v. watching him jump the canyon......Like EJ said, huge influence on my childhood. My record was 24 Tonka trucks! :D

I know there will be a ton of shows out on the man in the next few weeks, and I can't wait to watch them with my boys and tell them he was the GodFather of Extreme Sports.

Hooch said:
evel was every mothers nightmare hahaha
I have 3 scars on my face from childhood "ramp" incidents lol
never in my life did anyone compare to him til this kid Travis Pastrana came along
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VngJrAIzFNE

yea it was definatly a sad day when we heard at work. The man is most. def. a legend He inspired all of us to do something stupid at least once...lol but hooch is right travis is the new dare devil for the next generation. My 8 yr old hurts himself daily because of him. Travis is one of the craziest riders out there and will be hard to top. The double back flip is just SICK

Yeah that double back flip is incredible, but being a child watching Evel do what he did at a time when it was unheard of, coupled with the fact that he did it on a Harley Davidson, (I ride an ironhead sportster) to me personally, he'll always be #1. I guess I'm just a stubborn old biker. When da' guys break my stones about my sporty I relpy 'Evel rode a sportster'. Shuts em' up every time!

Mr. Knievel carried the torch for Harley-Davidson during some of their darkest days. Most everyone knew what that #1 sticker stood for. I too remember watching the Snake River Canyon jump on TV. It was reality TV long before it got popular lately. The Skycycle used in the jump was at one time on display at the Hard Rock Cafe in Las Vegas. Thanks!!!

Back