Richardson (Dallas area) Texas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I surfed in yesterday and have enjoyed the site! I hung out and worked in bike shops in the late 70s and was all into the dropbar light weight thing. Now I find I am riding my upright bar wide tire bikes more. And making them more rat-like.
Besides bicycles, I enjoy motorcycles (KLR-650, '75 GL1000 rat), cars ('96 Impala SS), amateur radio, shortwave/ scanner listening; electronic/mechanical things in general. I have many projects started!

I used to be in the Lone Star Performance Buick Club and we always held partner events with the Impala guys.

Used to know a guy named Marty Mayer who was the president of H.O.S.S. for a while.

Unfortunately he passed away a few years ago at way too young of an age due to health issues.

Yep...I'm good friends with Adi and Elli...known them for about 10 years now.

I designed the newsletter for the Buick club for a couple of years and helped organize the club events.

They are doing great over in Austria...they love living back there.

I've seen photos of their home in the mountains and I can understand why. :D

Welcome to the forums- Garland guy here.

I've got a friend into Ham radio- he was telling me a couple of weeks ago about a field day they were having out in Royse City.

Rat Rod: Great to hear they are doing well. If you have an email address, tell them I said "Hi". Elli is a super sweet lady and Adi is one of the few guys you can trust to give you honest recommendations about your car.

StephenH: Good to know another rat rod biker in the area! Ham radio can be a fun hobby- if you have a friend who is into it as well. Field Day is a big deal; it's supposed to be an emergency drill, but has evolved into a contest.

GodHatesCleveland: I almost always have my scanner on. There is quite a bit of activity in my suburb, even more in Dallas!

WELCOME!

Back