Restored 1977 Schwinn Town and Country Trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a 1977 Schwinn Town and Country Trike. It's a 3 speed. The first pic is the day I got it. I paid $25 for it off craigslist, and saw the potential right away. 3 months later and here she is shining in the sun. These are great for taking my 4 year old daughter to the park up the street. She loves sitting in the basket!! New tires as the others were beyond repair. Original paint was able to be kept. Got a basket. New brakes and cables. Found an old Schwinn seat at a flea market that matched perfectly as this was missing. Rust free now and back to her glory. God bless to all...

SchwinnBefore.jpg

IMG01492-20111118-1602.jpg

nice. you must not live in so-cal because I've never seen a Schwinn trike go for 25 bucks. and i look all day every day hoping to find one for that cheap.

Live right outside Harrisburg, PA. He was initially asking $75, but got him down to $25 due to the horrific condition it was in...

This is a 1977 Schwinn Town and Country Trike. It's a 3 speed. The first pic is the day I got it. I paid $25 for it off craigslist, and saw the potential right away. 3 months later and here she is shining in the sun. These are great for taking my 4 year old daughter to the park up the street. She loves sitting in the basket!! New tires as the others were beyond repair. Original paint was able to be kept. Got a basket. New brakes and cables. Found an old Schwinn seat at a flea market that matched perfectly as this was missing. Rust free now and back to her glory. God bless to all...

SchwinnBefore.jpg

IMG01492-20111118-1602.jpg
I found the same trike but in green in the same rusted condition as yours .My question to you is what did you use to clean up the paint and crome

Back