Repop Krate?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems steep to me, althogh you could part it out and maybe make most of your money back, if you just needed something off of it.

I learn something new about these every time a thread like this comes up, but I believe that is a Walmart repop, since it appears to have a 20" springer. I think the originals and the bike shop repops had a 24" front fork. If it's a Walmart bike, I think if you really want one you can still find them in unridden condition, maybe still in the box, for under $200. The bike shop repops are nicer and sell for more, but I still come across people selling them in the box for around $400, which I think is less than what they sold for new. I think people bought multiples thinking they would cash in on the retro Stingray/Krate craze, and are now just trying to get most of their money back.

Either way, I would pass on that one, in that condition.

Toeslider said:
Seems steep to me, althogh you could part it out and maybe make most of your money back, if you just needed something off of it.

I learn something new about these every time a thread like this comes up, but I believe that is a Walmart repop, since it appears to have a 20" springer. I think the originals and the bike shop repops had a 24" front fork. If it's a Walmart bike, I think if you really want one you can still find them in unridden condition, maybe still in the box, for under $200. The bike shop repops are nicer and sell for more, but I still come across people selling them in the box for around $400, which I think is less than what they sold for new. I think people bought multiples thinking they would cash in on the retro Stingray/Krate craze, and are now just trying to get most of their money back.

Either way, I would pass on that one, in that condition.

Thanks bud. I figured as much. I'm going to throw the guy a low ball and see if he takes. I figured it was the walmart version with that low front end.

I might pop for $40-50.

Back