Repairing Fenders.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actually, since the holes are relatively small and you do have a welder? that is easiest...just use copper to back the hole and throw a spot of weld to fill the hole...if you don't have copper, use a piece of alluminum coated with cooking spray.. I use this method lots on cars..etc..good luck

A backer of thin steel sheetmetal. Then just tack it to the fender via the hole. Once secure, fill with JB Weld.

There is a way to patch holes with solder and copper sheet,it is on a web site called Old Woodworking Machines. I can't get a link to the site but it address is http://www.owwm.com When you get there search for; Patching sheet metal holes using low temp solder.
I have patched some holes in a chain guard and it worked good for me. Its the same as soldering copper pipe but different,if that makes any sense. Hope this helps out.

I have some solder that a guy sold me at the flea market. he was soldering bolts to aluminun cans and pennies to stainless at his display.

has anyone else ever seen this stuff or know the name?? , for the life of me I cant remember what it was called.. :roll:

oh ya.. great for fixing holes in anything... I use it on aluminum props and copper radiators and everything else but I need to get some more..

I cut a one inch square piece of old fender and use JB Weld to epoxy it to the inside of the fender. Fender and patch are clean and bright and degreased with laquer thinner. When that dries, JB Weld the hole, let it dry, then sand it flat and paint. Welding or soldering is probably stronger, but this method has worked for me over the years with no failures yet. Gary

How about puting some spikes or studs where the holes are? Kinda like the ones they use on leather. or just look around, maybe some kind of knob or something?

Latest posts

Back