Redline Monocog 29er - This bike is Awesome!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GTCOMA said:
I'm thinking about upgrading the brakes to discs...

If you're going to actually do trails you won't regret going to discs especially when the going gets wet, just get a set of Avid BB7s. My GT Peace came with Tektro Aquilas they suck, just want to lock up too easily no matter what the adjustment and pads can't be adjusted by hand, bad on steep stuff. My IH 7point3 came with Hayes HFX hydros, replaced them with mechanical BB7s when the time came, way more tunable adn modulation. My old GT came with BB7s went 7 years of heavy riding never even changed pads. Check out mtbr.com reviews

If you just want to check out discs on the cheaps, I still have the Hayes HFXs out in the garage of my IH, yours if you want them N/C. Not even sure why I kept them, maybe the pack rat in me. Everything is altogether, the rear may need pads or a bleed or both, the brake was getting a bit spongy right before I upgraded back to mechanicals.

socal_jack said:
If you just want to check out discs on the cheaps, I still have the Hayes HFXs out in the garage of my IH, yours if you want them N/C. Not even sure why I kept them, maybe the pack rat in me. Everything is altogether, the rear may need pads or a bleed or both, the brake was getting a bit spongy right before I upgraded back to mechanicals.

I'll send you a pm!

Nice ...How does it ride on 29's...I Shur wish I didn't see your bike ,,,Now I want one. :wink:

jaydub said:
Nice ...How does it ride on 29's...I Shur wish I didn't see your bike ,,,Now I want one. :wink:

it's amazing how big of a difference the 29's make. it rolls over bumps like they're not there.

I still have and ride my '02 Monocog 26er,they're killer bikes and great fun!!! I was gunna buy a new M'cog 29er last year,but got soft and bought it's geared sibling,the d440. Best,mostest funnest geared bike I've EVER owned (been mtn biking since the late 80's too)! :mrgreen:

3-22-09RandomBikePics1.jpg

On my local trails...

3-12-09BreaksRide5.jpg

Singlespeed92 said:
I still have and ride my '02 Monocog 26er,they're killer bikes and great fun!!! I was gunna buy a new M'cog 29er last year,but got soft and bought it's geared sibling,the d440. Best,mostest funnest geared bike I've EVER owned (been mtn biking since the late 80's too)! :mrgreen:

That thing looks Nice! Is that the stock Redline front fork? It has a different look to it.

Thanks to socal_jack, I now have a full set of Hayes hydraulic brakes to put on this bike. Despite the USPS crushing the box, they still made it across the country just fine.

3543935233_67865f8edd.jpg

3543936483_397e8d2155_b.jpg

Back