Redline Monocog 29er - This bike is Awesome!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I've found my everyday rider. This popped up on the CL this afternoon for $75. I couldn't pass it up. This bike rides like no other bike I've ridden before. It's like a lightweight Tank. Here is a quick rundown of the specs

Frame- Full Cromoly, With Disc Tabs
Fork - Threadless Fork Full Cromoly, With Disc Tabs
Crank - Alloy 32T
Bottom Bracket - Square Taper 68 x 110mm
16T Single - it has a dual rear cog setup with a 16t and a 12t. He also threw in a 20t that will also fit
Wheels - Alex DH 19 32H
Tires - WTB Exiwolf 29 x 2.3 - AND YES THEY ARE 29" top to bottom. I measured.
Bars - Syncros AM 20mm rise
Stem - Syncros AM
Saddle - Redline
Brakes - Tektro Alloy Linear

he also threw in a set of slick road tires and tubes, extra grips and the extra cog. I'll be taking off the bar end grips. I am definately keeping this bike for a long time.

3520964994_da54c4aa27_b.jpg

dude you got a freakin redline 29er for $75!!!! now thats a flippin good deal!!! ive always wanted to ride one of those!! very cool man!

Easy E

I guess the previous owner was not a big fan of the REDLINE branding on this bike so it was spraycan bombed metallic black. While I can appreciate an all black look, I'm a fan of the logo look too. So after a lot of laquer thinner, patience and very dirty hands i unearthed the original paint and logos

I like it... 8)
3520502795_95a573046f_o.jpg

both the wheels are also compatable for disc brakes. :D

My original plan was to buy it and relace the wheel to new Nexus 7 spd. But I love it how it is now. and it's a good thing because the wheels are 32 spoke, not 36 like the nexus.

sweet bike and it cleaned up very well. i too have my own opinions and feelings of the all black look vs the decaled look, and you definatly did good on cleaning it up, especially the redline decals. i have yet to ride a 29er myself.

GTCOMA said:
both the wheels are also compatable for disc brakes. :D

My original plan was to buy it and relace the wheel to new Nexus 7 spd. But I love it how it is now. and it's a good thing because the wheels are 32 spoke, not 36 like the nexus.

Disc would be very cool. The Nexus 7 may not be tough enough, I would use the Shimano Alfine 8 or a Rolhoff :mrgreen:
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/rohloff.html

Dude, that's got to be the best CL deal I've seen yet. Hard to describe the 29er feel but once you get these things rolling even with the semi offroad Exiwolf they cruise on the street, and on singeltrack they just rail.

Rat Rod said:
Is the serial number still there? :lol:

I had the same thought, but I will plead ignorance

But I think he actually bought it. he had the original grips that were never used along with a few other spare parts. I think he just needed a few quick bucks to buy his new bike today. He sent me an e-mail today telling me what he was getting. I'm thinking if it was hot, he probably wouldn't be keeping in contact...maybe

I'll have to find something to jump off. So far it handles the molded gutter curbs in my suburban neighborhood like a champ! Maybe I'll take it down a slide at the playground?

Sorry, no action pics yet. But i finished cleaning all the spray paint off so I thought I'd post a few clean pics. I also put the stock grips back on and took the bar extenders off. I just love this bike!

I'm thinking about upgrading the brakes to discs...

3530087642_b908fd8c43_b.jpg

3529275779_8af1d440ab_b.jpg

3529276789_2f71162ea4_b.jpg

i still cant believe you only paid $75 for this bike!!! that thing looks brand new!!

Easy E

Back