red schwinn-new summer ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i picked this up at a thrift store for $20. i like it so much that i'm going to make it my summer ride! the seat it so comfy, i'm ditching the banana seat. the little luggage rack is awesome.

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

That 20 dollar bill would have been a blur hitting the counter top had it been me! I have never found a nice Chicago cantilever frame in a thrift store yet.Have you dated/measured to see what you have yet? Later & PEACE!!! :mrgreen:

i just looked up the serial # and it's a 1953. i really do like the tape on the bars, but i have to roll with some apes since i'm 6'3". it's cool that someone took the time to trick it out. thanks for the comments!

Hey hutch73, wonder what that crank sprocket is off of...looks derailleur-ish. Step on down, The Price IS Right!

cool schwinn, but its not a 53'. don't feel bad, i misguaged my 62' american as a 51' spitfire. in 53', schwinn still had the camelback frame and those front skinny forks didn't show up till the early 60's. still very cool and thats one monster chainring up front. wonder which model it is?

p131XX... id guess its a 61'. thought first leter was the month and the first number was the last in the year, but the "p" throws me off for a month. forks are wrong to be a 54'. whatever year it is, it looks like one cool cruiser and schwinns back then were bullitproof. :D

Latest posts

Back