rear steer tandem frame and fork

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Um, it's different! (?) I can see some benefits, but also some major setbacks - dunno about trying to steer from the backseat...

(BTW - Love the logo ArtGeco - very cool)

As someone who owns a chain steered bike there is one cardinal rule you must follow;

You must have a very rigid frame. Any chain slack and there is no solid connection between the handlebar and the wheel.
This feeling can be simulated by loosening the gooseneck just enough to slip. I accidently did this today, not a good feeling.

The solution is to run a draglink on one side and maybe one center support.

crazy! :shock:

speaking of tandems... does anyone have any pics of an 82 huffy tandem. i found one on c.l. but there's no pics. dont know what model it is.

Triggerfish said:
dunno about trying to steer from the backseat...

See this video http://www.kwch.com/Global/story.asp?S=8738940

From what I've been told they're really not that great when ridden with2 people. The ones in our group seem to aways be ridden solo.
But they're so cool just for the novelty of it.

I can see the use for it right away.

Some time back, I saw a video where a guy had made a "passenger" out of PVC pipe to ride on the back of his tandem. Similar to a skeleton, you know. Well, it would be way cooler if it could ride in front instead of back. Or an actual skeleton would be good, too.

i think our skelly might be a little to old and brittle to go for rides. :? :lol: 8)
DSC01077.jpg

Greasy legs for front passenger.

aka_locojoe said:
On left above the picture of the reporter in the box that says "Featured video" "Cyclists safety".

Ah- Thanks! :oops: Embedded video has made me dumb!

Very cool to see the rear steer in action!

Ah...the ultimate bicycle for that backseat driver who wants to go "GREEN" 8)

alot of the rear steering tandems are made for use with disabeled persons.. the setup allows for the disabled person to ride up front..
in denmark we have a few that favous disabled children on the front and then the adult on the back..controlling the ride..

flemming

Latest posts

Back