Rear disk brake on my lady

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys
Wanted to know if it would be a hard thing to pull off toying with putting a rear disk brake on my lady. Any tips or ideas on how it can be done? I am going to be semi restoring the frame but looking to turn it into a bit of a long distance rider and grocery getter type bike. but lemme know what you guys think of the bike and the idea. Also thinking of putting a chopper type fork or a springer on the front and a smaller rim. Is it possible also to mount a disk brake to a springer fork?
Thanks Jim

prerestoration.jpg

A rear disc brake wouldn't be hard you would just need a new rear wheel, the caliper and you could either get a mount that bolts onto the dropout or make one and weld it on, I have seen bikes with discs on springers before.

bicycleguy said:
A rear disc brake wouldn't be hard you would just need a new rear wheel, the caliper and you could either get a mount that bolts onto the dropout or make one and weld it on, I have seen bikes with discs on springers before.

Cool thanks man

olschbp said:
check Choppers US, they have disk brake parts, adapters, good luck, :)

Much appreciated forgot about those guys and I think I found what I need. Now just need some cash to get all the parts together. :D

Latest posts

Back