RE-TIRED STRIPPER - Formerly Spit Ply-er DONE (basically)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work on your bike I love it so far!
Thanks a lot! Every day I get closer to the build deadline I flip flop on being confident I'll finish in time... My deadline is sooner than the rest because I'll be out of town on the actual due date so I need my pictures submitted no later than next Wednesday! I'll have some updates later... hopefully it will be a productive night!

Looks like great work on the seat!

Luke.
Thanks, I'm pretty happy with it for never doing anything like it before. My advice to anyone doing it the first time is just keep stretching it! The tighter I pulled it the better the shape of the formed steel pan showed up. That shape is why I switched to this seat in the first place!

Thanks a lot! Every day I get closer to the build deadline I flip flop on being confident I'll finish in time... My deadline is sooner than the rest because I'll be out of town on the actual due date so I need my pictures submitted no later than next Wednesday! I'll have some updates later... hopefully it will be a productive night!
I hear ya, I am on vacation right now for another week so, when I get back I have 3 days to finish mine. When I get back at least I am still on holidays and should be able to get lots done. Hopefully,

Decided to do a paint fill on the bottom of the seat. Just because.
IMG_8067.jpg

IMG_8076.jpg

Most of my night was spent trying to clean up the frame which had more rust than I expected. I have a whole new respect for all the naked bikes out there... this takes work!
IMG_8069.jpg

0d2021ed-f3c1-4f82-a332-18ec045863b3.jpg

What are the rules about completing a bike but considering it still a work in progress? I'm realizing that to finish this bike exactly how I planned I would have to cut corners to get it done. I don't want to do that so I'm thinking about getting it together to be eligible for the competition but I will continue to fine tune this thing until it's exactly what I wanted! Hope that's considered legal... these things are never really done anyway, right!?

Last edited:
Yea your fine. Lots of folks finish builds after the build off, or change them

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Well it seems like I'm in good shape now with a new plan. I don't want to rush the paint or staining on the wood so for time purposes I will leave the frame bare metal and leave the plywood unstained for the competition. Because it's not going to match my original vision I think a new name for the bike is needed. Since the bike is going to be naked, except for a pair of nice shiny red shoes I think the name "Retired Stripper" is perfect for it... yup that's the new name! :bigboss::banana:

With the new name, you need to steal @expjawa 's taillights.

It's gotta be "ride-able" to cross the finish line, but who says any bike is ever done... I continue to tweak and tune and add to and subtract from every bike I have... :thumbsup:

Carl.

Good luck man. I think alot of us underestimated the time we would have to finish, me included. After the build off, if you do decide you want a spaceliner fork, I just took one off I can part with cheap or trade. GL these final few days :)

Well the fabricating should be done. I have the tank on using pins and very strong magnets so I successfully mounted it with no visible fasteners. Tonight I will be assembling the bike and taking it for its maiden voyage. Tomorrow I will be photographing the bike and submitting it into the finished bikes group. It's been a long few months, but I've learned a lot and I'm glad I did it. Here's a look at the frame with the tank finally mounted.

IMG_8091.jpg

IMG_8092.jpg

IMG_8093.jpg

Latest posts

Back