ratty fixed gear

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this bike in various forms for 10 years now. The frame is at least that old. At one point it had a motorized kit on it. The apes aren't much newer.

QquUhVY.jpg

The rear hub is a sealed bearing flipflop hub I got for Xmas 5 years ago. The chain and sprocket are about 6 months old. The seat is 2 weeks old.

Zt3Lsoo.jpg

It's a hodgepodge of stuff, but it's fun to ride. The gear ratio is about 42:17 and since my new hood is pretty flat, it makes for some easy going.

BbvyGqw.jpg

Awesome bike you got there... I love it when the parts bin spits out a build that ends up just coming together as if it were meant to be...

Fixed gear cruiser bikes are an under-appreciated category of bicycle. Arguably the "worst of both worlds", there's a certain fun to rolling leisurely without costing, knowing full well that your bike probably offends 4 out of 5 cyclists... 1 of'm hates cruisers in general, 2 of'm hate fixed-gear bikes in general, one of them hates the idea of a FG-cruiser mashup--- but that 5th cyclist? He probably thinks your bike is top-shelf.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv33%3B4%3Dot%3E7%3B9%3C%3D824%3D34%3A%3DXROQDF%3E285%3A242729259ot1lsi

Here's mine; The Worksman IFG. I've since flipped the bars, and I'm gonna swap tires soon. Oh, and different crank/pedals but same sprocket. Fixed cruising kicks azz.

What tires are those? Looking good!

The tires are 2.125 Sunlites. I got them from Amazon. This makes me feel a bit bad because I think my favorite bike shop in Austin, Longhorn Bikes had to close. I ain't saying my purchase put the nail in the coffin, but I could have ordered them through the bike shop. Heres the link anyway:

http://www.amazon.com/Sunlite-City-CST1218-Tires-2-125/dp/B0040DPGVQ/ref=sr_1_31?ie=UTF8&qid=1438784086&sr=8-31&keywords=2"+red+bicycle+tires

Hey Bicycles808,

I had my bike in a similar configuration. I was using some very small bars inverted with red Oury grips. I eventually traded those bars out with more traditional cruiser bars. It was pretty funny because I mentioned the weight of my bicycle to my brother-in-law (a triathlete) and he balked at it. I don't know why these dudes don't train on bigger heavier bikes. Seems like if they can haul ... on something like our bikes, their carbon fiber joints should be no problem.

>>knowing full well that your bike probably offends 4 out of 5 cyclists<<

And what is the down side?
Hahaaaa! Absolutely no downside for me. That's for sure. I think I'll be adding custom grips this weekend. Maybe I'll order a low profile german motorcycle helmet too.

The frame looks like a Dyno, but also resembles the venerable Moondog. Either way, a good looking bike.

you rode a motorised fixie? you wouldn't want to get your legs in the way of the pedals on that one :)

Latest posts

Back