BO15 RaTs GaSs...Great year all!...pg 26

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Beer-named Thespian, yes, you are correct. I still have the insert, going to ponder that with a different surface material. It's light weight, and I have it perfectly fit into the frame.
20200512_100223.jpg

I have another idea or two as well, so I'm not done yet. We shall see. Probably my first build in a long time that won't be finished in 30 days. But that's okay.

You should have listened! :headbang: Sorry it didn't work out for you. If you want to try again, you don't need vinyl for wraps. Stop at a local sign shop and see if they have regular chrome vinyl, it's not expensive and you could just buy a few feet of it. I'll check to see if I have any chrome, but I doubt it.
I've got some more ideas. Original ones that came before I saw this foam on a building supply trip to Menard's. Keep watching my thread.

I enjoyed the videologs Oddjob. Maybe I should try one aswel, you got me inspired!
Love the gas tank up front!

I was wondering if the lower part of the frame which you filled could be a shiny leather framebag. Like the gasser/cars of that era interior. Put some mooneyes/rat fink stickers in there. And some tools.

Again: I really enjoy this build!!
Thanks BRE! I'm always open to ideas. I'm going to try a couple different 'surfaces' for the lower frame insert. I do like the bag idea, but don't want people to think it's a 'bagger' motorcycle either! :wink1: And, I need some more real estate for putting up 'signs' . :nod:

My Beer-named Thespian, yes, you are correct. I still have the insert, going to ponder that with a different surface material. It's light weight, and I have it perfectly fit into the frame.
View attachment 120822
I’m digging that motocross feel to the small tire up front with the high fender. And I love inserted panels. Nice!
I have another idea or two as well, so I'm not done yet. We shall see. Probably my first build in a long time that won't be finished in 30 days. But that's okay.

@OddJob, don't worry! It seams that this year is full of unwanted suprises like that, but still you're halfway through. If this cheers you up - I still need to pick my saddle from the post office, and still need to buy a fork, steering bar, batteries & LED's & outer casings :21:

@OddJob, don't worry! It seams that this year is full of unwanted suprises like that, but still you're halfway through. If this cheers you up - I still need to pick my saddle from the post office, and still need to buy a fork, steering bar, batteries & LED's & outer casings :21:

Thanks for the support Spike~! I've got some more ideas in the mix. I hope your ship (ments) come in on time! :grin:

Lookin great OJ

Thanks for the support Jude! I'm pumped about things ahead on my build!

What about a mirror like panel in there? Search for acrylic mirror panel.

RaTs GaSs build Day #17

Alright, I'm done crying in my beer. Who likes watered down beer, anyway?

So we had a short window of sunshine yesterday morning before I headed off to the bike shop for another crazy Saturday of sales. *side note - we hit our monthly goal for May yesterday*
In the most recent Videologue, you saw my work on the tractor light I had picked up to use as a headlight on R.G. The dremel worked great at cutting a 'break line' in the back of the lens and then snapping off the glass in chunks along that line.
20200512_092406.jpg
20200512_092414.jpg
20200512_092635.jpg

I'm still waiting on a battery operated motion activated LED puck light that will sit inside this housing (it's also magnetic!) and hopefully cast a 'good light' on my build. :wondering::bigsmile:

In the meantime, I did get my delivery for the Krylon Stained Gass, er Glass, spray paint. Thanks to my friend @kingfish254 for the idea from his version of a Hot Wheels last year, Sizzler. I went for the Canary Yellow color on mine.
20200515_162635.jpg

A few minutes at the paint stump, this stuff dries really fast, and I had the head light looking like I wanted.

20200515_120602.jpg
20200515_141630.jpg

As I was putting on layers 3 and 4 on the headlight, I figured it was time to add some color to the mix on the acrylic tank 'window' as well.

I'm going to hold off on any more layers of color until I get my headlight assembled and the tank window mounted on the bike. But so far I like the look!

20200515_142953.jpg

20200515_143051.jpg

RaT oN~!

One of the things I love to do is go to flea markets and see what other people find as treasures. This winter, we happened upon a couple of different ones in Mesa. The first stop we found some 'Arizona style' type decor that we really liked. We had set out with some cash at the beginning of the day, because a number of these vendors only deal in the green stuff.

On our way home after lunch we spotted a flea set up in the parking lot of a local antique dealers emporium. After the brakes cooled down and the rubber skid marks stopped steaming in the noon-day heat of the desert sun, we found ourselves parked and embarking on another journey down memory lane.

At my 2nd or 3rd table, I found a few trinkets that were interesting. But not quite what I was looking for yet. Then, there it was. Stuck among 13 different sizes of adjustable wrenches, was this hippy icon from the '70s: the Bare Foot dimmer switch pedal!
95842953_233588594566009_3191586564115267584_n.jpg

I had seen the larger Bare Foot gas pedal before, but never it's little nephew. Right away I knew I had to have it. As I reached for my wallet, it occurred to me that I was way short on cash from our previous stop. With a nod of friendliness, and a humble "What do you need for this?" I put myself in the dealer's hands.
"Two bucks aughta cover it," came the reply.
"Well, that's good, because two bucks is all I've got," I said jokingly, and we both smiled.

My fellow six-string strummer @GuitarlCarl is widely known for his custom kickstand designs. As soon as I had this in my hand, I knew what I was going to use it for; BO Build's kickstand.

Today it's raining cats and dogs, so I'm back in the garage with RaTs GaSs and putting together the kustom kicker. I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story....
20200517_093554.jpg
20200517_102257.jpg
20200517_103709.jpg
20200517_102520.jpg
20200517_102653.jpg

98581169_742311019930264_3493111440301096960_n.jpg

97979827_290841985284572_8683713021064773632_n.jpg

I used to have those barefoot pedals in my 65 Chevelle. Cool Idea!

Remember,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, if it's yellow, let it mellow.

Fun dimmer foot doodad!!!! Hang Five Bro!

I found with that stained glass paint, that it seems like if lightens up a bit after curing a few days. But you can keep adding coats until you get the shade you want.

Love the light!! Didn't know stained glass spray paint was a thing either. I learn something new every time I read one of these bike threads.

Love the light!! Didn't know stained glass spray paint was a thing either. I learn something new every time I read one of these bike threads.
Kingfish turned me on to it after he used it last year in his Sizzler build. It's pretty cool!

That kickstand is cute, er, uh, cool.

Who are we kidding!? That kickstand is CUTE!! It’s a little foot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess I was summoning my extra X chromosome when I had that idea. :giggle: Cute and practical. Isn't that what we men love in a woman, er, bicycle?

Latest posts

Back