RatRod Magazine...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this at the newsstand today, interesting.
RatRod-1.jpg

http://rat-rod.us/

It's funny because when I see the car version of Rat Rods these days, I'm already getting tired of this fad.

Somehow we went from a "Rat Rod" car being a flat black 40 Ford with red wheels and white walls to it being all about cobbling together rusted frankenstein-like creations that are borderline "Art Cars."

It will be interesting to see how long cars like this will be around. They may end up in the history books along with teal painted 37 Chevy with a neon pink heartbeat pinstripe down the side.

funny i said something to a guy at the post office one day sending some brakes off a old pickup truck ..he said he sold em 2 a guy off the HAMB ..i said something about going 2 the hunnert car pile up ...and said something about rat rods being real cool ..
he stoped what he was doin and gave me this WTH r u talkin about look ...he said be careful who u say that to u may b sorry ...
not rat rods he says ...those are traditional hot rods ...
he was a little to seriuos for me so i just said oh ...ok :D

I guess everyone has to get serious about something in their lives, it's just too bad that certain folks choose meaningless crap that won't mean diddly in 10 years from now. :lol:

Rat Rod said:
It's funny because when I see the car version of Rat Rods these days, I'm already getting tired of this fad.

Somehow we went from a "Rat Rod" car being a flat black 40 Ford with red wheels and white walls to it being all about cobbling together rusted frankenstein-like creations that are borderline "Art Cars."

It will be interesting to see how long cars like this will be around. They may end up in the history books along with teal painted 37 Chevy with a neon pink heartbeat pinstripe down the side.
yeah it probably will....as for taking stuff to seriously...unless its my wife,kid,dogs(K9), or income...WHO CARES!those are the only things that matter.
all the other stuff is just filler to pass the time!
:lol: :lol: :lol: away!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rat rods will never die the term may and should tho! Not everyone can aford a 10,000 dollar paint job! Or to restore a bicycle...so having a functional rat is cool....the teens in the 50s could not aford nice paint on there hot rod so they left it in primer...I personally think is cool...Madurai and made patina are cool but!!!!! If you spend 10,000 to make a nice car look "ratty" then you got issues! Rats are cool! Term is over used! But then again who cares! Flat black and red rims should be banned! Hahaha and 80s zz top cars better not be cool again! Bet you have trends repeat all the time! Steve I'm with ya...hope the purple pink heart beat cars stay flatlined!!!!

Rat Rod said:
Ummmm.....didn't Uncle Stretch build some of these? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

th005.jpg

Latest posts

Back