RatRoadster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I am going to throw my hat into the ring here :)
oh what to build what to build
question_mark_naught101_01.jpg

pictures coming real soon!

fresh from the drift!
a mid 1930's Colson Roadster 20"
this will be a different kind of build as this bike has some non standard stuff on it
the bottom bracket is a unique 3 piece set up and the arms are loose on the shaft and the front fork tube/handlebar stem is like a tricycle
the original wheels and tires will be changed since this has glue on pneumatic tires and I have never ever even seen a similar pair.
I bought it in to melt off so hopefully I will get nicer pics tonight.
I considered stretching this bike since it is extremely short but due to its rarity I am going to try to keep the frame and fork untouched
P2220001.jpg

Oh wow. What a great looking frame. Nobody will be using something like that for the RR Kid BikeBuild Off.

I probably have the only one in the world left lol I have never seen anything close and the one in the 39 colson catalog is different
I have searched and searched on this thing and come up with nothing

im sure you know about soaking it in penetrating oil but...if that doest work get a little propane torch and heat the back of the cranks abit then try turning them you might be suprised how easily they come loose

holding one crank still I can move the other about a quarter turn and the bearings in the pedals are froze and they are a smaller size thread maybe 7/16s thread
so i think if i sawzall the whole bb out and weld a new one in it will be alot more reliable and faster to do in the long run.
and I have even considered making a burrito out of it lol
I need to find a decent set of 20" painted wheels and a few other parts before i really decide
and I have to finish the trike I am building for a friend first so I will be slowly doing this revisiting it from time to time

Latest posts

Back