"!RATITUDE!"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
GREETINGS FELLOW RATSTERS...I throw my hat into the ring with my 1960ish AMF ROADMASTER that,henceforth (there's a $5 word for ya), shall be called "!RATITUDE!". I bought this ol' girl from a friend of mine's dad for $10 right at a year ago. I rode it to one of my club's (the Spokesmen) rides where upon climbing the only hill in the park,the rusty old chain broke and she gave me the old toss off...hey,there was blood involved and cursing out loud! Anywho...here's the opening pics...

RRBO4002.jpg

RRBO4004.jpg

Say...did ya notice 2 of my FAVORITE tools there by the front wheel...oh yeah!... :shock:

RRBO4001.jpg

RRBO4003.jpg

Brothers & Sisters,I cannot recall a tougher teardown...Ponytail Mike stopped by to help remove what is left of the gooseneck from the forks after I took my air chisel to it.That rusty old chain was a just a sign of things to come...

RRBO4005.jpg

I'm not 100% sure of what direction I'm going to go but do have several ideas orbiting around the last 2 active brain cells I have left...hey,I grew up in the late 60's,early 70's,what can I say! And before anyone can say "Hey Pappy,that frame is screaming 'RAKE ME!' " I know (deep breath,sigh) I know but alas,rules is rules...here's a few frame shots...

RRBO4014.jpg

RRBO4013.jpg

Don't you just love how I shamelessly made sure a few of my other bikes were in the background? And to Jon Q who complained to me on the Pub Crawl (what a BLAST!) that I only build SCHWINNs...put this in your little red wagon & pull it around fer awhile...NAHHH! Seriously...best of luck to all y'all on YOUR builds...the competition is fun but we're all winners simply because we choose to compete...no losers @ RRBO4!
Later,PAPPY 8)

Sweet.Love that frame.Can't wait to see were you go with it. :mrgreen:

glad to see your in Pappy!!! havent seen ya in a while man! hope all is well and i cant wait to see what you come up with on this build!!

add another build for the spokesmen!!!!

Easy E

nice frame, when ya finnish for the build off, tear that sucker back down and rake that neck, what a great chopper frame. oh yeah.

Outlaw

pappy, i think ya need to put this aside and break out that Lady's frame and join the Lady's pack. we are gonna kick those little boy bikes. so if ya don't want to get kick, join us.lol

Outlaw

Hey Pappy, That rack and fender thats on that bike looks sweet so you don't need mine. LOL Can't wait to see what your up to with this.

Finally got that old,rusty hunk of gooseneck out of the original forks so now I can cut & weld its tube to the damaged Mercury springer that I'm plann'in on using for this build.Got the springer all tore down yesterday...gonna dip that old chrome in sulfuric acid to strip it off,then I'll put a reverse charge on it,in a mild corrosive solution to get the nickle-copper base off...then I'm not sure what sort of finish I'll put on it,hmmmmmm...more later...Pappy 8)

Cooool frame pappy!!! that top piece of sheet metal would look nice airbrushed 8)i like the dual tube look on her,should make a nice build, also why do all of our yards look the same?? :lol:

Our yards & shops Do look alot alike...I've noticed that too! I'll have to get a close-up picture of the center piece...its actually aluminum & has quite the intricate pattern on it.It reminds me of the side panels of a '57 Chevy,sort of.Ponytail Mike showed me how to burnish the couple of dings out of it,I'll polish it up a bit,shoot some clear on it & call it SOUP! I had considered having it andonized but I not sure yet.In the meantime,I have to be careful not to take to much RAT out of it!..........Later,Pappy 8)

This is gunna be kool,Pappy! I'm diggin that frame :mrgreen:

Hey Pappy, Nice bike to build . I'll trade you two Schwinn frames for that one and it's parts. I'm watching you so don't go altering that frame. You old hippie know you with only two brain cells it's hard to stay on track, so if you need me to call you every few days to remind you to work on this, I will. Good luck, we're all watching. See ya at the next meeting.

Sure thing ,Don(aka dos cruiser)...I will need you to call me every day...my phone number is BR5-49...maybe you can come over tomorrow and fix my truck so's I can keep work'in on the bike!...Pappy 8)

Rat-on Pappy, You know I've got your back, but right now I've got my turned. Sorry, I have my sons wedding to get ready for so I'm working my tail off around the house. We have until Aug., so I'll join you after before your finished I know old hippies move slow, so I can catch up with you. I have a chain if that would help you move faster. That's one of my favorite bikes hope you have great ideas for it. Swap meet Sat. morning 18th &Oak KCMo. Be there befpre me or you may lose out. lol I got no money the kids are getting all of it .

Thanx Doom,yeah,that seat tube has been on my mind but like dos cruisers said we old hippies are slow.I've been trying to get "other stuff" (and y'all know what that means!) out of the way so I can concentrate on this build.When I get my forks repaired & a front tire on,adjust the stance,dry fit the basics I think the seat tube decision will be easier to make...Pappy 8)

Poopdeck pappy! what can i say, your my favorite goofball! when you first showed me that bike i couldnt wait for you to do something with it. with mike hanging around putting your heads together you'll be thinking as 1 "brain that is". good choice, seeya at the finish line!...............ol fart.

Re: "!RATITUDE!"...5/16 UPDATE

RRBO4017.jpg

HERE'S THE COOL,LITTLE SEAT I BELIEVE I'LL BE USING FOR THIS PROJECT...
RRBO4015.jpg

I ALSO PLAN ON USING THIS SHIMANO FF 5SPEED SYSTEM SHOWN APART HERE CAUSE I WAS CURIOUS and yes,Jon,I can put it back together...Pappy 8)

Back