Rat style Hotwheels and other Kustoms

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hat's off , they smell like fresh paint !, verry nice work love the attention to detail 8)

yeshoney said:
I would be a BAD BOY if i did not contribute to this post~~

Here are a few of mine that did not get much face time on the "OTHER BOARD" LOL

Forgot to add these are all 1/64th scale. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Suzicide3.jpg

SuicideSmooth2.jpg

socoola8.jpg

riv6.jpg

OJaded12.jpg

OJaded7.jpg

jadewht2.jpg

FlipCivic1.jpg

FlipCivic3.jpg

FlipCivic12.jpg

v4scoot2.jpg

Here are a couple of customs I did a while back. As you can see from the '53 Studebaker, I like to take radical racers and turn them into mild customs. At one point, I considered changing my name from DesignIt to Mild John. :roll:

The Moon discs are thumbtacks, chocked up in a Dremel, turned down to fit, and polished.

This is a Miata that I dropped, polished, and converted to a speedster.

Here's a comparison to the original. I'm setting the ride height at my typical 0.020" with the feeler gauge.

Like everything else I own, it has to be low, but roll good. :D

DesignIt said:
yeshoney is the absolute master of the hinge! Beautiful work! There is a ton of great customizing and creativity on this thread.
I fully agree. Your work on the Miata and Stud is amazing as well.

Nice work! Is anybody into racing them specially the 1/64 scale? I have a few some are in the package, some are stock out of the package for racing, some are meant to look stock for racing :), and some are for racing in the heavyweight class, I think the heaviest one I have is a milk delivery truck filled with led and weights around one pound, I will have to check since I think that I gave it to one of my kids. I did built a truck with a piece of 1x1 tube
filled with led as a trailer that at first build weighted 2.5 pounds. I wasn't very fast as sometimes a lot weight takes away from speed. I managed to get it to down to 15oz and then it was really fast, I won 4 races with that truck and just when it need new sets of wheels this guy comes up and offers to buy it and I sold it. He never did use it, I think he just didn't like to get beat by it. Will try to post some pictures soon

SOME OF MY TOYOTAS 1/64 AND 1/43 SCALE

TOYOTA1.jpg

TOYOTA2.jpg

SOME OF MY MAZDA ROTARY ENGINE CARS 1/64 AND 1/43 SCALE

MAZDA1.jpg

MAZDA ROTARY ENGINE PICKUP 1/43 SCALE

MAZDAROTARYPOWER.jpg

PICKED UP FROM THE NET SO YOU CAN COMPARE

Recently-Updated150-720x556.jpg

MODIFIED SAMURAI 1/64 SCALE

SAMURAI.jpg

ANOTHER TYPE OF MODIFICATION FOR RACING 1/64 SCALE

RACINGMOD.jpg

sorry the correct word is LEAD. i do have more but with my 3 yeard old around i can't take pictures of all of them!

axsepul said:
SOME OF MY TOYOTAS 1/64 AND 1/43 SCALE

TOYOTA1.jpg

TOYOTA2.jpg

SOME OF MY MAZDA ROTARY ENGINE CARS 1/64 AND 1/43 SCALE

MAZDA1.jpg

MAZDA ROTARY ENGINE PICKUP 1/43 SCALE

MAZDAROTARYPOWER.jpg

PICKED UP FROM THE NET SO YOU CAN COMPARE

wow i actaully gasve all my modded race hot wheels to my god son... do they still have races for these in PR i havent seen any here in orlando in while....

Recently-Updated150-720x556.jpg

MODIFIED SAMURAI 1/64 SCALE

SAMURAI.jpg

ANOTHER TYPE OF MODIFICATION FOR RACING 1/64 SCALE

RACINGMOD.jpg

jaysmo said:
wow i actaully gasve all my modded race hot wheels to my god son... do they still have races for these in PR i havent seen any here in orlando in while....

it took me a while to find what you wrote but yes they are still racing. i haven't raced in a while since this is no longer a kids game and it takes alot of time to put one car together. i used to own a 50 feet race track but i sold it about a year ago. i have another one in sight but not sure if i should buy it since it takes alot of time to run it, plus you have to deal with the people that just wants to cheat all the time.

axsepul said:
jaysmo said:

it took me a while to find what you wrote but yes they are still racing. i haven't raced in a while since this is no longer a kids game and it takes alot of time to put one car together. i used to own a 50 feet race track but i sold it about a year ago. i have another one in sight but not sure if i should buy it since it takes alot of time to run it, plus you have to deal with the people that just wants to cheat all the time.
yea man thats why i stopped going as much and just got out all together theres something about seeing 2 grown men wanting to choke each other over a hot wheels race that just wasent right...so i had to go...but you have some nice set ups..

At first they used to give out a trophy for every category now the prizes are cash which makes it worst. For example, one day running my track I had 500 cars subscribe to the 1.3 oz. Stock category, let's do the math $1 for each car total $500, half is mine (250) so that leaves $250 in prizes, so I divided $125 1st place, $75 2nd place and $50 for 3rd place. One guy took all the prizes. He subscribed 40 cars and at the end he had the last 10 cars still alive. Luckily WW3 was not started that day. That day I was only able to run 2 more categories and I finished at 1am. That was my best day at the track. A lot of people that only subscribed 5 to 10 cars got mad because only one guy won. At the end I had at the most 30 cars per category since new tracks opened up so I decided to sell it.

wow thats crazy that guy took them all thats kinda cool but then not right either ... should have a certain limit of cars per racer per catagorey thats how they did it here the most i seen one person able to race was 2 cars per catagorey but they would still find away to get more..a brother or a son would reg the others...it was funn till the money came into play..then it went straight to ..well you know not a good thing any more...

There is no real advantage in that way since they can end up racing against each other. Plus the more cars the better income. In my method people can make teams maybe between 3 or 4 people. They'll have to split the prize but they have a better chance at winning. Imagine Armstrong only having one teammate, not fun for him.

Back