Rat Rod Magzzzz

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't speak for everyone, but for me, one of the few mags that I'll even consider buying anymore! It's got some great info that can be applied to any "wheeled" hobby. And the ladies are real world looking. Most are above average and some down right hot! :wink: I know alot of the FreakBike guys read this and it's sister publication along with the Horse.

Here's a hint, check out the major car and motorcycle shows. There's usually someone with their booth set up selling subscriptions. Usually have a bundle deal for all three mags plus a show discount. Save some BIG money! :mrgreen:
I know they show at Autoramas and Billet Proof shows, probably others

Chainy

Well CK is OK - similar to Rodz in content. Want a little wore traditional Hot Rod content try Rod and Kulture. Classy girls, incredible photography, awesome machines and good reading too. Garage magazine is suppose to be back, but I have not seen a copy of it yet. IMO that has the been stories about back in the day and some no BS writing about the people who define the culture from the past to present.

Joe

Ol Skool Rodz- it's put out by the same people and is very similar, but no black and white pages in there.
Hot Rod Deluxe- put out by hot rod magazine and includes many of there older articles on vintage hot rodding.
Traditional Rod & Kulture- my favorite, less over the top rat rod stuff and more traditional nostalgic hot rodding.
The Horse- kinda like the motorcycle version of ol skool rodz and some good inspiration for building bicycles.

I'll pick up TR&K when I have extra cash but I only flip through the other ones on the rack.

I have had subscriptions to all the aforementioned mags.
Garage is prolly the best of those mentioned. If you want real
car culture info get The Rodders Journal, and Church. If
you want girls, get Maxim.

Seriously, all the info you need is online, mags are great
for pretty pics and that's the only reason I get the two I
just mentioned.

p.s. Don't be surprised if you have a lot of subscription
problems with OlSkoolRodz and CKD.

My faves are, in no particular order, are Garage, Hot Rod Deluxe, and The Rodder's Journal. Out of the mainstream mags, I prefer Street Rodder cuz they have some great tech articles.

Car Kulture DeLuxe, Ol' Skool Rodz, and the Horse Backstreet Choppers are all by the same publisher, and their editorial content is spread very thin. I know they like to feature stuff by home builders, but some of it is just built badly or too "kooky" even for me. The people who started Car Kulture Deluxe now put out Traditional Rod And Kulture, which is my favorite. For motorcycles, I read DicE, a 5"x7" magazine published in Great Britain.

http://www.dicemagazine.com/index.html

I get both CK DeLuxe and Old Skool Rodz.

2 of the best rod/rat rod mags avaliable in Australia.

And when I can find Gearhead for sale I always get it too.

I like Dice too. Anyone ever read Burnout from Japan? That's a cool pocket sized mag too.

Yeah I get BurnOut when I can. You need a magnifying glass for the pictures, but it's very cool. There is a heavy concentration on Kustom Kulture related art, which is sorely missing from Rodz, and CK DeLuxe.

A lot of those "pinups" work in the XXX industry, just sayin'...

Half the stuff featured in Dice has already been on Jockey Journal but it's still cool to have it available in "analog" form!

Back