Rat Rod 1951 Frigidaire Cooler For Sale

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope I don't get my hand slapped for posting this here but it is of the era. LOL

I am cleaning out the shop and making room, and adding to the wallet for bike projects, and I decided to get rid of my cooler. This is a awesome unit for your office lobby, game room, or your shop for the cold beer. It is quite the attention getting conversation piece.

This is a way cool 1951 Frigidaire, made by General Motors, refrigerator. Works like new, heavy metal that is ceramic coated, rounded single front door with heavy duty chrome plated freezer handle. All the chrom is in tact and looks like new. I recently scoured the whole thing with steel wood to clean it up. The steel wool will not scratch the ceramic.

It does need a new door seal but one can be bought (generic) from Home Depot or Lowe's for about $30 and installed in about 5 minutes with a phillips head screwgie. Holler at me if you are interested in this cooler. I have priced it for immediate sale at only $500, and it works!!!!! I do have the ceramic coated metal crsipers for the bottom as well; just not pictured.

I'm going to be in the shop working on Shan's 40's Hawthorne this evening, so hit me up on my cell.

Jim @ 817-929-2563 (cell)
DFW, Texas

1951FGM002.jpg

1951FGM003.jpg

1951FGM004.jpg

1951FGM005.jpg

A buddy of mine has a similar one that's been in his shop for a while. He took it out and told me that I could have it. I also could have gotten another one for free from an estate sale. However, the only issue with them is that they suck up a lot of energy, and they're HEAVY!!!

Great looking fridge. Good luck with the sale.

I JUST SCRAPPED A TWIN TO THIS UNIT, MY WIFE WAS RIGHT, FOUR FRIDGES IN THE SHOP AT ONCE IS TOO MANY, HA,HA!!!!

SOLD! You guys out there in other parts of the country that are scrapping these and just have them given to you then holler at me and get them to the lone star state. They are still worth a pretty penny! LOL

wow! ive got one stashed at my aunts house and it looks like a mid fifties, maybe '54-'56.

Back