Rat Roadies

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fastest vintage bike I've ever ridden. 1928 Elgin

sr1.jpg
This is a great build, one of my favorite bikes here on RRB.

Here is my Roadie to be single speed project..
No name steel lugged 52cm frame with full Campy goodies through out the bike..
Right now it's just mocked up on some loaners but I have a set of vintage Campy wide flang hub wheel set not pictured for it also.
Here is my Roadie.

My elgin was a roadie for awhile.
IMG_2862_zpsdfd6480c.jpg

My Varsity Fixed gear:
62iwKxSryvmWClo7NBXPF4GGSyPueHLYGW4NBRePy4s_zps8dde415a.jpeg

2013-11-27144046_zps3edcb005.jpg

My AMF:
IMG_3167_zpsa0f174b9.jpg

IMG_3173_zps9a1b7d9b.jpg

its actually a modern cromoly peugeot made to look vintage
DSCN4945.jpg

DSCN4943.jpg

DSCN4953.jpg

DSCN4941.jpg

sold it like an idiot :(:headbang:

Last edited:
Love it! I also love the fact that, only on RRB, we refer to 30+ year-old Peugeots as "modern". :21::grin:
Thanks, well i don't think this is 30+yo , this is the "Before";) emblem/fork/toptube were diy mods
simbike-1.jpg

Oh, I've never seen a Peugeot exactly like that. Looks like a 90s model. so, i guess it's only about twenty years old! :grin: FWIW, Peugeot stopped selling bikes in the USA around Y2K, and stopped making bikes entirely a few years after that.

Where can I get great adjustable handle bars that? Any help would be appreciated.

- by Gigmata
i riveted parts of a other handlebar to "bar-ends / horns" adapters , it did not hold for long tho , but i have seen ( The Renaissance Man )using 2 seatpost clamps together and it looked much stronger

Last edited:
i riveted parts of a other handlebar to "bar-ends / horns" adapters , it did not hold for long tho , but i have seen ( The Renaissance Man )using 2 seatpost clamps together and it looked much stronger
24-1385859000-172d60c729650e0616695a4c7d99940d.jpg
I own a lot of seat clamps and a tubing cutter. I shall proceed. Thank you.

- by Gigmata

Are there any clearer photos of this, I am struggling to understand the mechanics of how it works

Are there any clearer photos of this, I am struggling to understand the mechanics of how it works
Do a forum search on 'SOUTHERN FLYER', that's the build name, Jim did a great job of documenting the building of those bars.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

78 Raleigh Record Ace made to look like a Clubman, it was lighter than original, 27lbs. fastest bike I've owned, my daughter's bike now.
raleigh_zps7tpifiu1.jpg

Late 60's Hercules 10 speed changed to upright bars.
Copy%20of%20Hercules%20006%20-%20Copy_zpszuppaxet.jpg

71 Varsity with 2 speed auto.
o06ijd_zpsggi82gv3.jpg

65 Continental with Sachs 3 speed coaster.
2zoah3o_zpsctztjeze.jpg

Back