Rare Schwinn?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was thinking about making this my first spring bicycle project but cant find another one like it with the paint the same. It has sturmey archer 3 speed parts. Lighning dart balloon tires. The serial number only appears to have3 numbers? The paint I have never seen before. It has s2 tubular rims with a strange hubs that have patent #s on them. Does anybody know the year and make?

Im sorry I cant help with id, but I have to say that is a beautiful bike. Love the detail. IMO, It would look sweet if you kept the survivor paint and got it all fixed up to ride like old goat's red Monark.

Did you check the rear dropouts and steerer tube for #s?

Im all excited to see what the verdict is on model and year!

Let's see some pictures of the dropouts. Also, are there any numbers on the left rear dropout?

Numbers at the BB shell would put it at late 40s thru 52, and being that it has a clamp-on kickstand, that kinda indicates early 50s but things get weird. A 3 digit serial is definitely an oddity, but i wonder if that's not something else....If there are numbers/letters at the left dropout, that'll give us some solid clues.

Back