Rare Schwinn?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was thinking about making this my first spring bicycle project but cant find another one like it with the paint the same. It has sturmey archer 3 speed parts. Lighning dart balloon tires. The serial number only appears to have3 numbers? The paint I have never seen before. It has s2 tubular rims with a strange hubs that have patent #s on them. Does anybody know the year and make?

The frame, forks, and chain guard are Schwinn, along with the cranks. Fenders and handlebar stem aren't. The decals on the forks and chain guard aren't Schwinn either. I'll agree with everyone else and guess the serial number is on the left rear dropout, and it's probably a 50's bike. The 3 numbers on the BB may have been a personal ID someone stamped on it. It's got a Sturmey Archer 3 speed w coaster brake, that's good. See if the hub shell has the date code stamped on it in small digits, ex. 09 57 would be a Sep 1957 hub. That's if those hubs came with the bike, but they are S-2. If there's no number on the dropout, the cranks may have a 2 digit year stamped on the inside in the middle.

Back