Rare Huffman Twin Flex dual springer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well. I always like to help a guy out, but that wouldn't make much sense when I got a Flex Project to tackle one of these days. Probably the rarest bike I'll ever get to own.Sorry.

1918 Ranger said:
Ohdebee , Ratphynx. Ill double either one of your money on your tanks if u want to ship to TN!!!!

1918 Ranger

Make it $90 to cover shipping and you got a deal. Kidding. Sorry I couldn't resist. :D

Nice to see some progress shots of this sweet thang!

RatSphinx said:
Well. I always like to help a guy out, but that wouldn't make much sense when I got a Flex Project to tackle one of these days. Probably the rarest bike I'll ever get to own.Sorry.

1918 Ranger said:
Ohdebee , Ratphynx. Ill double either one of your money on your tanks if u want to ship to TN!!!!

1918 Ranger
Maybe you or Ohdebee could rent me the tank. How about 5 bucks a year for the next 20 years.??

1918 Ranger

Tailwinds said:
Lookin' good 1918Ranger!
Does the Huffman badged model not use the peaked style fenders like the Firestone?

Mine will not but as I look at others, not sure they do either?
ebe5aje5.jpg

qesyrajy.jpg

garerypa.jpg

etyza3e7.jpg

1918 Ranger

Do all of the Twin Flex bikes have the ribs running the length of the tank? My Huffman Airflyte has smaller vents up towards the front of the tank but is smooth on the sides.

Terry66 said:
Do all of the Twin Flex bikes have the ribs running the length of the tank? My Huffman Airflyte has smaller vents up towards the front of the tank but is smooth on the sides.

Would you share some pics? '38/'39s had the long streamline tank (or no tank). 1940 had two tank options and '41 had the big tank only.

ohdeebee said:
Terry66 said:

Would you share some pics? '38/'39s had the long streamline tank (or no tank). 1940 had two tank options and '41 had the big tank only.
I dont want to hijack the thread because this is an amazing journey, but here is a pic. I was just asking for my own knowledge. Im not 100% sure on the year of mine. Its been sitting for a couple months. It will be my first restoration

huffman1.jpg

Thank you men. It's coming together. Hope to have plated parts back in next week or so.

1918 Ranger

I dont want to hijack the thread because this is an amazing journey, but here is a pic. I was just asking for my own knowledge. Im not 100% sure on the year of mine. Its been sitting for a couple months. It will be my first restoration

huffman1.jpg
[/quote]

I believe that tank was introduced in '41 but was used after WWII as well. Here is a scanned catalog page from '41
012813091648.jpg

That's a nice looking paint job!

Back