Rare Huffman Twin Flex dual springer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
highwheelerboy25 said:
hey rob, i saw a bike just like yours. it had a goofy-looking banana seat on it though. . . . . . . . . .

Well that seat is so pretty. I will have a hard time deciding if I should use the floral banana seat or the long spring seat.

Amazing how close that bike looks just like mine. And how that shop looks just like mine.

You beat me to the updated pics of how things are progressing.

turu6y2y.jpg

e4a5ybyb.jpg

yzahyru2.jpg

1918 Ranger

ohdeebee said:
Here are the '39 Huffman catalog scans. Keep in mind there are at LEAST 3 variations of the mens TANKED Twin-Flex. This is just the Huffman catalog. The Firestone version is most common and is most likely what your bike is (mine is a Firestone). The Dayton/National models are more dressed than the Huffman model and the Huffman model is more dressed than a Firestone model. They did come tankless as well although nobody seems to build them that way.

120512151016.jpg

120512151038.jpg
Thanks Ohdebee!!

1918 Ranger

highwheelerboy25 said:
hey rob, i saw a bike just like yours. it had a goofy-looking banana seat on it though. . . . . . . . . .

I need to report a "breaking in and entering ". Someone broke in and sabotaged my TwinFlex with a flower child seat.

1918 Ranger

I like the integrated cell phone idea!!

Yes progress. Metal parts are being plated and frame, fenders, chain guard and ( TANK, in my dreams! Wish I had a tank but not giving up. Any tanks laying around out there? ) anyway the other above mentioned items are paint ready and have the yellow paint on them which will be the pinstripe that's left. We will tape over the yellow and paint the other colors then pull the tape off leaving the yellow pinstripe. Looking good though. Ill add pics soon. Sorry don't have any at moment. Thx for checking.

1918 Ranger

Are you going with the later guard that is shown in the pics? I waited two years to get the tank for mine, but it was well worth it. Metal was perfect and the price... well ... you don't wanna know.

ohdeebee said:
Are you going with the later guard that is shown in the pics? I waited two years to get the tank for mine, but it was well worth it. Metal was perfect and the price... well ... you don't wanna know.

What's a 100 dollars!! I'm joking
I'd bet several 100 bones

1918 Ranger

1918 Ranger said:
ohdeebee said:

1918 Ranger

I was offered one for $700 and another for $500. Neither were in that good of condition. I paid $40 (yes forty) for mine. It definitely pays to have patience and make some good connections.

I paid $56 for my tank. I was at an Auction and another collector went up against me. For some reason he might have sensed that I would go nuts on it and dropped out of it. I never did get to ask him why, and I just don't see him around anymore.It was on another Huffman frame that was not a TwinFlex, but I'm about 50 percent sure it might be correct for one. Now if I can only find where I put it away 10 years ago. I've not found the Crankset for it either.I don't have a chainguard for it, never did. I lost a bunch of stuff in a "Storage Wars" type situation and had thought the TwinFlex frame was gone until I rediscovered it last year stashed away in another location.

ohdeebee said:
1918 Ranger said:
ohdeebee said:

1918 Ranger

I was offered one for $700 and another for $500. Neither were in that good of condition. I paid $40 (yes forty) for mine. It definitely pays to have patience and make some good connections.

Ohdebee , Ratphynx. Ill double either one of your money on your tanks if u want to ship to TN!!!!

1918 Ranger

Ok here are updated pics.

I missed most of the yellow for pics. Sorry Highwheelerboy.!!

I believe you can see the pin stripe tape under the red. It's yellow under that. This red is the accent red. Keith sprayed most of what you see for coverage etc. main color will be a darker red in next step.

tasuruzy.jpg

uhusa5ar.jpg

aje8upe9.jpg

pebajuze.jpg

3a5egejy.jpg

6ehe4ybu.jpg

Looking good Keith!!

Keith by the way works for me and does my paint and modifying work. Very talented! From old cars to old bikes. A fabulous painter.

1918 Ranger

Back