rare 1959 white schwinn corvette

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rare white schwinn corvette. spotted this on the local cl. a fellow member here picked it up, and passed it on to me.(thanks, owe you one!)
original paint and decals. she has some battle scars, but it cleaned up pretty nicely.
P1120415.jpg

P1120418.jpg

P1120433.jpg

P1120444.jpg

P1120434.jpg

P1120437.jpg

Wow that did clean up nice but what guy would want a white and pink bike but I guess that is why it is rare no kid wanted that color combo. :D

pick said:
WOW! What a transformation! :!: 8) What did you use on the seat??? :?:
disassembled the whole seat. simple green and alot of scrubbing on the top. dipped the springs and crashbar in oxalic acid. easy peasy.
P1120421.jpg

P1120438.jpg

the accent color is red. there is some fading, but still looks red. the debutante is white with pink. here is the sister.
P1110778.jpg

Just saw one this week in Philly. What did you clean it with ? Wow ! Great find and great job

Jake Sensi said:
Just saw one this week in Philly. What did you clean it with ? Wow ! Great find and great job
no secret. i like simple green, soapy water, sponges and detailing brushes. meguires auto wax for the paint. oxalic acid for the chrome. run all the nuts and bolts across the bench grinder with a fine brush. these old schwinns are almost bulletproof, always fun to see what will come back. :D

Wow that cleaned up great. Where can you get the Oxalic Acid? Do they carry it at home depot / lowes?

Metal Militia said:
Jake Sensi said:
no secret. i like simple green, soapy water, sponges and detailing brushes. meguires auto wax for the paint. oxalic acid for the chrome. run all the nuts and bolts across the bench grinder with a fine brush. these old schwinns are almost bulletproof, always fun to see what will come back. :D

Thanks for the tip. Never would have tried those. Nice shine you put on there. What do you recommend for whitewalls?

Back