Ranger

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
picked up this cool Ranger aka Raleigh the graphics hooked me!
010-2.jpg

009-3.jpg

008-3.jpg

006-5.jpg

005-5.jpg

004-6.jpg

Thats killer!!! Looks great. It will make a good rider! I'm wondering if there was a connection between Meade or Schwinn and
Phillips that had those imported?

That black paint they used is excellent. A cleanup and 3 coats of car wax will make it look new.

I never thought of that. That would take up excess in an old cable if it was too long to adjust.

Nice. That raleigh paint is great and a little polishing compound will bring it right back!

Very cool indeed! I like the artwork. I also like the double badging, Phillips and ranger just about on top of each other :D I've got a ladies Dunelt in the shed that is pretty much the female version of this bike, minus the sweet graphics.

Hooch said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:
One of those was at my lbs for $1500 :shock:
wow wheres that? must be mint lol
Farrs in CT :wink: It wasn't mint but was in good shape like yours:p

Digging up an old one here......

I just came across one of these tonight and it's in just as good as, if not better than shape as the one in this thread. Was a value or price ever reached? I really like the bike and mainly for it's fenders and headbadge but dont want to get ripped off if I decide to buy it.

Many moons ago there was a hardware chain in Texas selling bikes badged I believe "Texas Ranger"......I've never seen one myself, only read the posts on it over at the CABE. Could this be one of them?

This one didn't have anything marked w/ Texas on it. It looks just like the one in the pics of the one discussed in this thread. It still had a 70's era bicycle license on it from a small village in England on the down tube too.

Chips_Mahoy said:
This one didn't have anything marked w/ Texas on it. It looks just like the one in the pics of the one discussed in this thread. It still had a 70's era bicycle license on it from a small village in England on the down tube too.

Here's a link to some pics I took of it. It's dusty from storage but in great shape. What would be a reasonable price for something like this?

http://public.fotki.com/ChipsMahoy/other-bikes/

Back