Raleigh Sprite ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ebay bargain £0.99 I was the only bidder and it was local intended to turn into fixie bike as advert was sketchy to say the least ( old bike for sale ) ,
99pRaleigh.jpg

I got it home stripped off gaurds quick clean up it requires a chain a pair of tyres & we're off.
According to the frame decals its a Sprite but its only a 5 speed which from what I can find out was never made, the other strange thing is the leather Lycett saddle again they never came with these saddles ? So I'm wondering if anyone can help it could possibly be a limited edition as there is a cyclist decal on seat tube which again I've drawn a blank with ?
drop1.jpg

drop.jpg

drop2.jpg

Any help would be appreciated, I was thinking of stripping bike back & painting it but if it is limited I'll leave well alone & polish it to death. :D

Dude Clean that bike up and keep it original...They dont make them like that any more..10 speed frames are a dime a dozen...I have seen millions of 10 speeds but not like that..! Just sayin..Jay..That bike is cool..somebody like me would love to have it..Heck make it a fixed gear but dont cut anything off the frame.....But hey you do what you want..!

Jaydub is right, I've seen sprites and have owned many sprites and never seen one like that, could be well loved though, the chainring is a glider one, gliders where made by raleigh but i've never seen the ring on a raleigh till now

Latest posts

Back