Radical new build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah Ive been there. Theres like a few shops and random stores in that area. Theres a place that has food and drinks too.

I miss "further entertainment". Wish I had money to go again.

Danimal said:
ifitsfreeitsforme said:
mmmm "further entertainment".....

I assume you know the stretch of road I'm talking about, right?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Remember "Cheers" (where everybody knows your name)? Everybody knew Ian's name. :wink:

OK guy's. I've forged ahead on my 2nd custom bike build. This time there was no beer involved, no pole dancing by me or anyone else in the shop. Thats good cause Danimal was the only one there and for those that know him probably just threw up in your mouth. :lol: I have a couple pics here. Sorry for the mess but see if you can make it out.....and yes this is an actual bike frame.
HPIM2772-1.jpg
HPIM2772.jpg
HPIM2771.jpg
HPIM2770.jpg

Danimal said:
ifitsfreeitsforme said:
mmmm "further entertainment".....

I assume you know the stretch of road I'm talking about, right?

sure do, ex wife used to work there. heh heh.

Skip and I just read this and we're laughing

"...and for those that know him probably just threw up in your mouth"

OK got recent pic updates. It'll look nice and ratty when I'm done. Thanks to Danimal, i now have a bottom bracket and crank set to use on this so I have all the parts to build it. Once the initial build is done, then I'll add some goodies.
HPIM2816.jpg
Nothin like a little fine tuning.
HPIM2821.jpg

The 5.00 score that Danimal brought home for me. I'll strip the cranks and bottom bracket for the build
HPIM2818.jpg

HPIM2819.jpg

HPIM2824.jpg

HPIM2825.jpg

The next stages are really cool. Wait till you see the bars and fork setup :eek:

Looking good Brian. We got a lot done last night. Btw are really trying to tell people there is no beer in the shop? They can clearly see a mini-fridge under the bench.

Hey look at the nice green Rollfast/Zep sitting on the back shelf. :mrgreen: 8) Who could that belong to?

Still trying to figure what style seat will go on this. I was gonna hammer out my own metal seat but any feedback will help....brooks or an oversized spring style?

stickit said:
Still trying to figure what style seat will go on this. I was gonna hammer out my own metal seat but any feedback will help....brooks or an oversized spring style?

I still say you should stick to the metal seat idea. That one in the garage that has no fabric is perfect.

FINALLY, I'm starting to see "IT".............And I like it!

Here are a few more pics of the mess going on in Brian's garage...doncha like the oversized unicycle? Btw, I'm taking credit for the seat mounting idea. :wink:

IMG_2403.jpg

IMG_2404.jpg

IMG_2405.jpg

IMG_2406.jpg

IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2408.jpg

IMG_2409.jpg

OK I'm back. I recently had the machine work done for the fork and did a temporarily attached it, slapped some bars on it and this is what you get.
HPIM3066-1.jpg
HPIM3065.jpg
HPIM3064.jpg

That open tube should be a launcher of some type.. like girls in bikinis launcher.. or beer launcher.. or girls in bikinis holding beers launcher?

Of course I know it's winter! Just think of the 'perks'.. and snow cold beer!

Back