Quite possibly the ugliest bicycle ever

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was given this Electra Townie by a client.
IMG_7518.jpg

Ugh. I thought I could pull some parts from it. It has leaky forks and I pulled the front brake and added a little grease.
IMG_7510.jpg

I patched a hole in the front tube and hopped on it. The Nexus 3 was out of whack so I watched a quick YT video and got it dialed in.
IMG_7513.jpg

I hopped on it and rode it around the block, then I took a different route and rode maybe a quarter mile. Shifted perfectly, braked well.... ...., this is a comfortable ride! The Velo saddle is awesome! I'm 65 but not ready for a leisure suite with a white belt and shoes but I might just keep this ugly thing.
Anyone ever Rat Rod one of these??
Lol

Add a banana seat, tall sissy bar, ram horn apes, a triple tree fork, and call it done.

You know, I tend to be pretty sarcastic sometimes. After posting this I searched for Electra Townie and found that there are some people who have modded this bike. I will research over the winter and see what I come up with. It really is comfortable.

I agree they are ugly, but I’m aware that people really like their Townies. Must be comfy to ride. You’ll make it yours and it’ll be cool(er), I’ve no doubt.

I agree they are ugly, but I’m aware that people really like their Townies. Must be comfy to ride. You’ll make it yours and it’ll be cool(er), I’ve no doubt.
You're right. I do love the ride and I'll be looking for a straight tube fork with a 1 x 10 1/4" steerer!

I'm sure the Virgin River Bike Path in St. George has characters on Townies dressed like that. In fact, I've seen them when passing by on I-15.
You're probably right. I live in North Rockville and ride the Jordan River Trail. I'll keep my eye out for Townies!

I have a few friends around your 'hood, in St. George and Hurricane. They are all MTB types because when in Rome...

One of these days when swinging through I'll have to loop Broken Mesa Rim from Washington, starting and ending at In N Out because a Double Double with grilled onions seems like a great finishing point on a ride.

The Townie seems to share the same, or similar frame, to the Electra Rat Fink which is a highly desired model. I built one up for my daughter and she used it around college. As you know, they are comfortable to ride, except uphill...

Eric, it’s yours if you are ever in Rockville.

I appreciate it but as you can see I really don't need another bike right now.:giggle::giggle: Old pic of garage and pile has grown a little despite efforts to stop it! The other 2 pics posted was stuff I was given....

It's amazing the stuff that finds me. Mostly free.....
IMG_20210420_113620751_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210420_154915344_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210612_140356252_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220720_200905136.jpg
IMG_20220820_155930348.jpg
IMG_20210715_120410642_HDR.jpg
39785.jpeg
IMG_20220402_154912028_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210420_154753266_HDR.jpg
39789.jpeg

These are just a sample. I am truly grateful for my blessings.🙏

Back