quick budget build, while other stuff waits...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
pittsburgh, where the zombies come from...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty new here, so hi.

I have a couple bikes started, but tripped over a cool girl's 24" bike in someobody's trash. Skip-tooth AMC Flash. (frame will be availible cheap soon in the F/S)
torch001-1.jpg

I traded an Amf bike last week to Chris-y777, and got a 26" Monark frame in exchange.
here's a quick mock.
torch020-1.jpg

torch018.jpg

I had to swap the bearing cups on the Monark to accept the bigger bearings, but everything else fit perfectly. Well almost, I'll need to cut about 3/16" off the steering tube to tighten the locknut properly. I also need a different stem, taller and out front.
torch019.jpg

Keeping the 24" wheels, tires are old and cool, 1 western auto" deluxe, and 1 Goodyear. Chain is only about 2" short, so i'll need to lengthen that.
I have 2 seats, a '30s hairpin that was on the girls bike, and this excellent Wright saddle that came on a trash-pikt Raleigh.
may008.jpg

Either way, i need to come up with a layback post or something...
more pics when i get something done.
cheers.

looks kewl! i like the look of the bars especially because i have the same ones on my trike. they just flow really well. keep it up. :mrgreen:

Back