Question on a part

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, new to this forum and collecting bikes as well. Anyways, I was checking out some of the pics and noticed a part that I've never seen before and don't know the name of. It's the small metal piece that is attached to the fork and the front tire, which can adjust the front tire and stretch it out to make the bike longer. There's a couple of photos near the top in the gallery. I hope I explained this well enough.

thanks,
embarrassed

I think your refering to the monark forks dropouts? Is it 2 forks, with a spring on top and a metal "plate" connecting the two at the axle?

Yes, thank you. I just saw a pick you posted and you have them on it in the gallery. Are these easy to find, or would the internet be the easiest?

oooops...I bet you mean these:
100_2639.jpg

Sear,Higgins,Murray flightliner springer....Theyre around, just gotta look. Girls bikes had them too, probably with longer steer tubes.

Alright, so my higgins now has the forks bolted on at the axle. I'm looking for the name of the metal piece in the picture that is in between the springer fork and the other. I thought this piece was an add on, but now i'm guessing it came with the bike and I am missing it? Sorry, this is getting confusing.

Back