Question about grease...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any grease works, some better than others. I always say use the grease you have. I used some cheap wheel bearing grease till it ran out, now I buy bicycle grease.

That stuff will probably be fine. This is what I use. Par k Polylube

That does sound like pretty heavy duty applications! I use a red valvoline universal auto grease that I swear by. The exact kind I get was discontinued but I buy ever container I come across when stores have stragglers :lol: I think the big thing is that it's not too tacky. It seems to be yellow greases that are overly tacky and will cause brake shoes to stick in place. I've pulled apart some parts before with some nasty stuff that seems like it would have been used on bearings in the USS Arizona..

green farm implement grease. never hardens and sticks to everything as well as being able to be submerged under water. We use to use it on our submerged well pumps all the time. Autozone and Home Depot carry it.

greengreaseLOjp_00000019953.jpg

Jpromo said:
That does sound like pretty heavy duty applications! I use a red valvoline universal auto grease that I swear by. The exact kind I get was discontinued but I buy ever container I come across when stores have stragglers :lol: I think the big thing is that it's not too tacky. It seems to be yellow greases that are overly tacky and will cause brake shoes to stick in place. I've pulled apart some parts before with some nasty stuff that seems like it would have been used on bearings in the USS Arizona..
I use the red valvoline grease as well and noticed I didn't see it around anymore. When mine runs out I'll just use Coastal bearing grease from the autozone.

I use white lithium grease in the 2 speed kickback hubs. A little thinner and helps with shifting. I use red wheel bearing grease elsewhere. Gary

Back