Protowrxs "MB Racer" Done 11/24/2007

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VicXsaN said:
Looking good, though I liked the old fork better :)

Yeah I understand... I am still undecided. It's an easy swap (pretty much, it's a 1 1/8" head tube but the big fork is a 1") so no telling what I'll end up with. Think I'll paint the old one anyhow just in case.

-Stephen

Update 11/4/2007

After messing around with various options I finally ended up with a home made springer front for this thing. Used some 3/8 bar, some plate and the original rear shock. Likely won't spring much but give the bike a better attitude to me.

Gotta blow it apart and start prep and paint!!

P0003859_small.jpg

P0003860_small.jpg

P0003856_small.jpg

A few more pics here:
http://www.stephennolen.com/Bikes/MBRac ... 2007-11-04

VicXsaN said:
Cool fork idéa! But the first one I thinks scream SPEEDWAY! :p

Ha! I knew you'd say something like that.

I wanted to build a working speedway style leading link fork but couldn't find anything to use for the bands. I didn't have a matching set of small shocks to use instead either so I compromised with what I had available.

I think it could be done and look good by turning a fork around backwards and building the linkage with some flat aluminum or some more steel bar but that will have to be for something in the future.

Thanks for the comments all.

DUDE!!
i was lookin around this site one day and i saw this bike right
and i'm like dude! that bike is sitting in my garage so i go out and took the spring out and bolted a pice of seatpost in to hold it up

i hope ur not mad i did the same design but i'm only 14 and i saw it and i was like i can do that for free

i also took the gears and derailer off and i ride with no brakes i switched bars and mounted a light on it
i had a big suicide brake handle on it but my parents made me take it off at the risk of it going through me if i wrecked :D

but ne ways i love the bike and keep up the good work!!! :mrgreen:

Hehe... sounds cool.

You should start a thread and post some pics.

That is what is cool about this site is the mix and match and try something different attitude.

-Stephen

moparmayhem93 said:
DUDE!!
i was lookin around this site one day and i saw this bike right
and i'm like dude! that bike is sitting in my garage so i go out and took the spring out and bolted a pice of seatpost in to hold it up

i hope ur not mad i did the same design but i'm only 14 and i saw it and i was like i can do that for free

i also took the gears and derailer off and i ride with no brakes i switched bars and mounted a light on it
i had a big suicide brake handle on it but my parents made me take it off at the risk of it going through me if i wrecked :D

but ne ways i love the bike and keep up the good work!!! :mrgreen:

kool design and i dig the front end too. love the pics of it blown apart looks like a tornado hit it.

Re: Protowrxs "MB Racer" New Pics 11/12/2007

Hehe... sounds cool.

You should start a thread and post some pics.

That is what is cool about this site is the mix and match and try something different attitude.

-Stephen

yea i'm workin on pictures but it'll be a little bit of time till i get some

thanks for the great idea!

Stephen,

I wasn't convinced that it was going to look all that great, but these last pictures bowled me over... WOW!!!!! That is too freaking cool, EXCELLENT job!

wow! :D
i really like how this turned out!
i would be interested to see it with white tires on it...
nice work...

oct.

Man the bike looks awesome. Can you ride it OK though? I think my knees would hit my chin. :D Really cool build!

Aaron

Latest posts

Back