project "deathtrap" uk broadtrack racer build.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, so you know how it is, bored with a garage full of tool and the internet, so it started like this,
SAM_1249.jpg

gt custom cruiser, liberated from my sisters shed.
SAM_1264.jpg

box of suspect chinese engine parts from ebay.
SAM_1259.jpg

cutting begins
SAM_1266.jpg

modded fuel tank as it looked crap.
SAM_1268.jpg

SAM_1271.jpg

tank art? ha.
SAM_1272.jpg

the finished ride.
SAM_1273.jpg

SAM_1275.jpg

now i've got to fire it up. scared!!!
if no more posts, then im dead.

thanks guys, the light is an old torch from a car boot sale (swapmeet to you guys) cost me one pound. bargain.

Made a few mods and changed the fuel tank, not as streamlined, but runs lots better.
319316_10151984549105372_2033526522_n.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083-1.jpg

Now why would a different tank make it run better? Fuel flow issues with the orig. because the outlet was tipped up at the rear and hardly any mix from the cap level. I sure like the looks of the orig. tank better on that frame. Relocate the outlet to the lowest tank level and it'll work.

That was exactly the problem, but the original tank was made out of such ...... thin tin i gave up on it.
well spotted.

Fantastic build you got there pal , I love the idea !!
How much was the engine kit ?? Was it a eBay job ?
What's it like to ride ? How fast and how loud ?..
Keep up the great work mate

Yea, got the motor kit off ebay £165 quid. its not too loud and im not sure of top speed. my vintage speedo was bouncing between 20 and 40 mph haha..

I dunno, I kinda like the new tank. Makes it look stout, more serious. No, its not the standard elegant flow that your eye might want to see, but thats another great thing about it - its not standard. It looks like a serious, well centered, heavyset, mean machine now - like it needs to be out on the streets. I like the way the tank kinda juts out over the frame in the back, if you follow what your eye wants to see with the tank then the frame would keep running back, yet the frame isnt there and instead drops down to do something else. Something about the way it just leaves things out in the open and gives imaginary lines gives it that cool 'ghost' shape that motorcycle designers like to do with Concept bikes, and we all know the Concepts are aaalllways a bazillion times cooler looking than the actual production models. I like it, keep up the good work man :mrgreen:

Oh btw I highly suggest going down and getting some No. 41 chain for it down at a Tractor Supply Co. It'll make a big difference iand save you a lot of breakage and mess in the longrun

Awesome. thanks for the positive comments dude. i kinda prefer the new tank too after looking at it for a while. as for the chain, i am experiencing probllems as it keeps throwing it off the sproket, unfortunately im in the uk so dont have a tractor supply?? i do run a bicycle shop though so any tips graetfully appreciated.

Num, 41 chain is 'power transmission chain', the first digit references the size in 1/8" increments; a 41 is a narrow version of the num.40 chain. This type chain is used in go-karts, etc.
Hope this helps narrow your source search.

OK, so after a lengthy process of sorting things so they work properly, i took it apart to paint.
classic british black with gold pinstripe.
IMG_0399.jpg

bought some treats.
IMG_0397.jpg

the finished ride.
SAM_1504.jpg

SAM_1507.jpg

SAM_1506.jpg

SAM_1505.jpg

im pretty pleased with it.

Latest posts

Back