project "budget" build ...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and it starts here.... stay posted!

2013-07-18213722-1.jpg

I have some really good friends that always look out for one another. I guess when I say budget ... im trying to keep under a G HAHA

If I go with chopper fork I would go with a matching 24"x3" wheel up front. But I'm really digging the 24x3 in the rear and the 26 skinny up front with the springer.

8)

Lookin great so far!

That frame is beautiful :shock:

Did you build it ?

That fork looks awesome too btw :wink:

:mrgreen:

junknutz1975 said:
8)

Lookin great so far!

That frame is beautiful :shock:

Did you build it ?

That fork looks awesome too btw :wink:

:mrgreen:

No its a Micargi Royal Frame before it goes under the knive.

por2gezo said:
Can any one give me any suggests on how to take my 1" headtube from 1" to 1 1/8"

Ive had to cut and weld on different headtubes..usually the best bet. Ive also cut the headtube righ down the front, heated and spread the tube -used solid stock 1 1/8" tapered at one end and hammered it thru the headtube. The second route will leave a gap just over 3/8" . use some filler metal and weld it up but double check bearing cups first! Not sure if that helps at all. Or look fr different forks/ bearing cups.

thanks. Im still in limbo if Im going to keep the rust look or powder coat the rest of the bike white to match my wheels.

Back