Prewar La Salle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finished...... for now lol

parts list was
41 Schwinn La Salle 26" mens
71 mag sprocket and crank set
new 24" wheels
new 24x 3.0 tires
new taiwan springer 26"
41 messenger seat
repop bow pedals
64' schwinn hollywood handlebars
nice old original ballend grips
vintage standard oil red crown valve stem caps
P1010005.jpg

I might yet step the front tire size down to 24x2.125 so it has a rake
and would like to find an original rusty schwinn springer

mine are 24x3 and its very tight in a 26" prewar ballon tire frame it would take major mods to make a 26x3 fit in a stock type frame but there might be a MTB tire in that size there was a guy on ebay with special 24x4 tires but they take a special wider rim to work

ahhh...do you know what year my Rocket might be? Its posted in the collecters forum. Any easy way to tell pre-war from post-war?

Markm said:
Thanks..now I gotta find 26"...

Choppers US has 26x3s and will soon have 24x4 & 26x4s http://www.choppersus.com/store/category/3/16/Tires/ scroll to the bottom of the page. Like Hooch said, it will take a large frame to fit a 26x3 into it. The 24x3 is the same diameter as a standard 26" tire. Here is a pic of a trike that I'm working on with a 24x3 and the original 24x175...Kelly
img0208oo5.jpg

Love it!

Great, now I need to build one of these for myself. I wish I knew that 24" wheel with 3" tires work with larger frames. I had a set of 24" mags that I sold because there were too small for the 26" frame I had. Bicycledesigner.com has triple t forks with disk brake mounts and a disk brake conversion kit that mounts on a freewheel hub.... hmmm.

Latest posts

Back