Prewar La Salle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just came across this forum and a new ride to build! so on here I will show as I build it
P1010046.jpg

as time permits I will find pics of some earlier rides I made
so nice to meet you all and let the wrencing begin![/img]

Welcome Hooch!

That is one ratty lookin' rod...in a good way that is :D

Can't wait to see you transform her.

its started

cant decide on a paint idea yet but I am leaning to cleaning the bare frame good and painting over old paint and rust. this bike has a cool old paint design and nothing is rattier than rust!!
P1010057.jpg

I think for now I will but a newer crank set pedals and wheels on it but as soon as I get some xtra cash I want to put modern adonised alloy rims on the stock skiptooth chain so I have the sweetheart sprocket
any ideas?

heres another

another bike I have a 62 sears flightliner... the bike that started it all my dad has had this since I was a wee lad. I want to do a full on restoration to it but finding the correct parts takes time. I would like to get it finished and rehang it on his garage wall where it hung fr 30 years
I added those handlebars for kicks but I still have the correct ones

:D
P1010061.jpg

...... bikes!! I think you need to laquer clear coat that rusty frame and make it roll again! Show us some. I will check later after I come back from Goodwill and Salvation Army!

another I built

This bike I built for my youngest son 3 years ago and he would rather ride it than a mountain bike and he is 15 years old now
this was one of the funnest just finding a hodge podge of parts that would look right making an army looking bike
P1010065.jpg

besides the brick red tires this litterly was a bunch of junk laying around

la salle update

got it clear coated this surely be a rat rod lol
ordered some special wheels and parts today but i will keep that to myself to they are installed but i think this is gonna look pretty great I am going for a dirt track look so time will tell!
P1010070.jpg

Those are some cool rides there Hooch! I really dig the camo green on your sons bike. (now I know what colour my board track style CCM is going to be)

-Mp

Oh man...I'm loving that Army bike!!!

I would have never thought to go with the red tires, but they do make the bike.

Thanks for sharing all of these cool projects!!!!

like how i added the stars n bars like the corsairs on the tv show baa baa black sheep had.... then added a number to the chain gaurd like all army vehicles have.... it had no meaning just a number i made up.
it was so fun and my son even sprayed the paint no need to be picky with it lol

la salle update

no update really waiting for parts ugh..... ordered 10 days ago and still nothing.... 24x3 tires, wheels, and a springer
might get an old school bmx layback seat post to stretch the seat back for my long legs (6'5") I dont know about handlebars yet I have an early set of stingray bars. even thought about a set of road bars cut off like the messinger guys in the city do. I am sure I will try a bunch of combos
how come the creditcard bill always gets delivered before the parts? lol
I just picked up an early 60's 26" girls middlewieght for my fiance so the next project is waiting in the wings! she wants it red with multispeeds so it looks like nexus time!

You have come great combinations there! And with the feedback, I am getting some ideas. Hmmm...

Peg

the rear is very close and I think i might spread it abit to get a little more clearance the front is just stuck together and would never go. I have a springer coming which should make that a no issue. Hope fully by the weekend I will have it further along. still havent decided on handle bars yet

a word of warning with the 24x3 tires if your not handy with the tools this isnt the easiest add on. Had to spread the rear frame a tad with a porta power then add washers beside the front sprocket to gain chain clearence and even with the new springer front I am going to have to bend and shim to get it to work. I know it will rock when I am done I just dont anyone to think it was easy bolt on stuff

finally about done! I still dont know about the handlebars its actually comfy like this
P1010080.jpg

so I think that might be it for now.Time for my girlfriends bike..... gotta keep the women happy lol!

Very nice. Those 24x3s look huge on that bike gives it an aggresive look. The handle bars remind me of when we were kids ridding our dirt bikes and we'd flip the front wheel around. We called it ridding bull style, the front end was really light and of course the bars resembled horns...Kelly

Latest posts

Back